Creating a Program to Output Musical Notes in Computer Basics for Accountants

• Thread starter exportedhuman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, the individual is discussing their interest in creating a program that outputs different harmony keys, starting with the sound 'do'. They mention using the 'Beep' function and finding the frequency for 'do' to determine the frequencies for other keys. They also provide a resource for finding the frequency correspondences for musical notes.
exportedhuman
I have a class in computer basics, for accountants (my major)
I am also learning C and thinking if I can make a program that outputs a single sound of 'do'
(do in 'do re mi fa sol la si etc')

I also would like you to tell me how to change the 'vocality' in that increasing order so I can output all of them not justa single sound of do

Thank you :smile:

Technology news on Phys.org
yes you can,
there is a function called 'Beep(frequency)' if i have not forgotten,
the frequency is the one you need to figure out which is your standard 'do' and starts off you can find other harmony keys that come after.

danong said:
yes you can,
there is a function called 'Beep(frequency)' if i have not forgotten,
the frequency is the one you need to figure out which is your standard 'do' and starts off you can find other harmony keys that come after.

'Do' is usually C (and probably C4, or middle C). There's a frequency correspondence for the middle notes at the Wikipedia article on musical notes (along with the southern and eastern european names for the notes, i.e. Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_notes

I think the beep(frequency_in_Hz, duration_in_ms) may only work with C++ on a windows platform, using the windows.h library. However, I used it once to do the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey (after working out the harmony on our piano). Here's more:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread15252.html#

Related to Creating a Program to Output Musical Notes in Computer Basics for Accountants

1. How can I create a program to output musical notes in computer basics for accountants?

To create a program that outputs musical notes in computer basics for accountants, you will need to first understand the basics of music theory and how musical notes are represented. Then, you will need to learn a programming language such as Python or Java and use its built-in libraries or modules for music creation. You can also use a digital audio workstation (DAW) software to create and export musical notes in a format that can be read by a computer.

2. Do I need to have a background in music to create a program that outputs musical notes?

Having a background in music theory can be helpful, but it is not a requirement to create a program that outputs musical notes. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of how musical notes are represented and how they work together to create melodies and harmonies.

3. Can I use any programming language to create a program that outputs musical notes?

Yes, you can use any programming language to create a program that outputs musical notes. However, some languages may have built-in libraries or modules specifically for music creation, making the process easier. It is important to choose a language that you are comfortable with and that has the necessary tools for creating musical notes.

4. Are there any pre-made programs or templates available for creating musical notes in computer basics for accountants?

Yes, there are pre-made programs and templates available for creating musical notes in computer basics for accountants. Some DAW software may have pre-made templates for creating specific types of music, and there are also open-source programs and code libraries available online that can be used for music creation.

5. Can I use a program to output musical notes for both personal and professional purposes?

Yes, you can use a program to output musical notes for both personal and professional purposes. However, if you are using the program for professional purposes, it is important to make sure that you have the necessary licenses and permissions for any copyrighted material that may be used in your musical creations.