Cs major questions on logic gates

In summary, The speaker is looking for assistance with questions from an electrical engineering and computer architecture course. They have a link to an html file with diagrams but it seems to be broken. They offer to repost the questions or edit the link.
willwarner
The very first part of the "electrical engineering and computer architecture for programmers" course I took glossed over a few things, and I have about 3 more questions, and thought I'd try online. They're in a fairly long html file with several diagrams, at http://webspace.utexas.edu/warnerwt/eequestions.html" , although I'll be glad to repost here if you'd like. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Your link seems to be broken -- perhaps you should just post it here or edit that link, so that it points to the right file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." -- Isaac Newton

http://www.surgecurrent.com

Sure, I'd be happy to help answer your questions on logic gates. Can you please provide a specific question or topic you would like to discuss? It would be helpful to have a starting point for our discussion. Also, if you could provide the relevant diagrams or information from the html file, that would be great. Thank you!

Related to Cs major questions on logic gates

1. What are logic gates and what are they used for?

Logic gates are electronic circuits that perform logical operations on one or more binary inputs to produce a single binary output. They are used in digital electronics to process and manipulate binary data, which is the basis of all computer operations.

2. What are the basic types of logic gates?

The basic types of logic gates are AND gates, OR gates, NOT gates, NAND gates, NOR gates, and XOR gates. These gates can be combined to create more complex logic circuits to perform more advanced operations.

3. How do logic gates work?

Logic gates work by responding to inputs of binary 1 or 0, also known as true or false, and producing a corresponding output. Each type of logic gate has its own specific truth table, which shows the output for every combination of inputs.

4. What is the difference between a digital and analog circuit?

A digital circuit uses logic gates to process and manipulate binary data, while an analog circuit uses continuous, variable signals to perform operations. Digital circuits are more commonly used in modern electronics because they are more reliable and efficient.

5. How are logic gates used in computer processors?

Computer processors use millions of logic gates to perform complex operations such as calculations, data storage, and communication. These gates are organized into circuits and interconnected to form the complex architecture of a processor, allowing it to carry out the instructions of a computer program.