Cube Roots: Solve A+B=C Problem Easily

• MHB
  • Thread starter JamieLam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cube Roots
In summary, the conversation is about the problem of finding the cube root of 22 in an equation involving A cube, B cube, and C cube. The solution involves cubing both sides of the equation and taking the cube root of 22 as well. It is important to note that \sqrt[3]{A^3+ B^3} is not the same as A+ B.
JamieLam
This is a simple question. The problem I'm facing is A cube plus B cube = 22 C cube
A cube plus B cube over 22 = C cube
At this junction I like to ask if I want to cuberoots both sides, will the 22 be cube root as well? I'm sorry to bother since I forgot my basics. I don't want solutions to the problem. I only want to know about the cube rooting. Thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yes, you will have to cube the 22 as well. What you have is

$$\frac{A^3 + B^3}{22} = C^3.$$

If you cube both sides you realize that 22 can't be neglected. :)

Fantini said "cube" but I am sure he meant "cube root".

If [tex]C^3= \frac{A^3+ B^3}{22}[/tex]
then [tex]C= \sqrt[3]{\frac{A^3+ B^3}{22}}= \frac{\sqrt[3]{A^3+ B^3}}{\sqrt[3]{22}}[/tex].

I hope you understand that [tex]\sqrt[3]{A^3+ B^3}[/tex] is NOT the same a A+ B!

Related to Cube Roots: Solve A+B=C Problem Easily

1. What is a cube root?

A cube root is a mathematical operation that finds the number which, when multiplied by itself three times, gives a given number. For example, the cube root of 27 is 3 because 3 x 3 x 3 = 27.

2. How do I solve a cube root problem?

To solve a cube root problem, you can use a calculator or manually find the cube root by using prime factorization or estimation methods. You can also use the formula (A+B)³ = A³ + 3A²B + 3AB² + B³ to solve for A and B in the equation A+B=C.

3. What is the importance of cube roots?

Cube roots are important in various fields such as mathematics, engineering, and physics. They are used to find the side length of a cube, calculate volume and surface area, and solve equations involving exponents.

4. Can you solve a cube root problem without a calculator?

Yes, you can solve a cube root problem without a calculator by using estimation methods or prime factorization. However, using a calculator can provide a more accurate and efficient solution.

5. How can I check my answer for a cube root problem?

You can check your answer for a cube root problem by cubing the number you found as the cube root and seeing if it equals the original number. For example, if your answer for the cube root of 27 is 3, you can check by cubing 3 which equals 27.