CURRENT LOOP Q. i HAVE ATTEMPTED, JUST NEED CORRECTION OR REJECTIONTHANKS

In summary, the problem involves using a 4-20mA current loop to transfer temperature values between +10ºC and +60ºC. To find the temperature represented by a current of 7mA, we can use the equation 3.125 degrees per mA, resulting in a temperature of 21.875ºC. To find the current expected at a temperature of 32ºC, we can use the equation 3.125 mA per degree, resulting in a current of 10.24mA. However, it would be more accurate to use equations that take into account the starting points of each scale, such as finding the equation of the line through the points (10 deg, 4 mA) and (60
Bazconway
1. Homework Statement

A 4-20mA current loop is being used to transfer temperature
values in the range + 10ºC to +60ºC.
(i) What temperature is represented by a current of 7mA?
(A) What current would you expect when the temperature of the
sensor is 32ºC?

Homework Equations

i HAD AN ATTEMPT, CAN U TELL ME IF ITS RIGHT. I AM REALLY STRESSED OVER THIS QUESTION. THIS IS MY 3RD ATTEMPT. tHANKS FOLKS

The Attempt at a Solution

20-4 =16mA
60-10= 50 DEGRESS

50/16=3.125

(A)
7mA-

3.125=X/7
X=21.88 DEGREES

(B)
32 DEGREES-

3.125=32/X

X=32/3.125

=10.24A

Physics news on Phys.org
Bazconway said:
1. Homework Statement

A 4-20mA current loop is being used to transfer temperature
values in the range + 10ºC to +60ºC.
(i) What temperature is represented by a current of 7mA?
(A) What current would you expect when the temperature of the
sensor is 32ºC?

Homework Equations

i HAD AN ATTEMPT, CAN U TELL ME IF ITS RIGHT. I AM REALLY STRESSED OVER THIS QUESTION. THIS IS MY 3RD ATTEMPT. tHANKS FOLKS

The Attempt at a Solution

20-4 =16mA
60-10= 50 DEGRESS

50/16=3.125
This is correct, but don't forget units. When you divide degrees by milliamps, what's the unit you get?
Bazconway said:
(A)
7mA-

3.125=X/7
X=21.88 DEGREES
I get a smaller value. For each 3.125 degree increment above 10 degrees, you need to add another mA to 4 mA.
Bazconway said:
(B)
32 DEGREES-

3.125=32/X

X=32/3.125

=10.24A
Your units are wrong, and the value is too small, by my calculations.

It would probably be helpful to derive one conversion formula for converting current in mA to temperature in degrees Celsius, and another to go the other way. The formulas you are using don't take into account that neither scale starts at 0.

See if you can get the equation of the line through these two points: (10 deg, 4 mA), (60 deg, 20 mA).

FAQ: CURRENT LOOP Q. i HAVE ATTEMPTED, JUST NEED CORRECTION OR REJECTIONTHANKS

1. What is a current loop?

A current loop is a type of electrical circuit where the output current is directly proportional to the input voltage. It is commonly used in industrial process control and communication systems.

2. How does a current loop work?

In a current loop, a transmitter sends a current signal through a loop of wire with a known resistance. This current is then measured by a receiver, which can convert the current back into an electrical signal for processing.

3. What are the advantages of using a current loop?

One advantage of a current loop is its ability to transmit signals over long distances without significant loss of signal strength. It is also less susceptible to electrical noise and can support multiple devices on the same loop.

4. How is a current loop different from other types of electrical circuits?

A current loop is different from other types of electrical circuits because it uses a current signal instead of a voltage signal. This allows for more precise and reliable communication in industrial settings.

5. What are some common applications of current loops?

Current loops are commonly used in industrial control systems, such as in process monitoring and control, data logging, and remote sensing. They are also used in communication systems, such as in 4-20mA current loop networks.

Back