Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter -V1,V2,V3 (20,100,200V) & (2,20A)

In summary, the conversation discusses the design of a digital voltage and current meter with specific ranges for voltage and amperes. The supply voltage is 5V and the maximum value for resistors in the ampere meter should not exceed 0.5 ohm. Equations are provided to calculate V1, V2, and V3 values, and the values of resistors R1, R2, R3, and R4 are determined to be 30Kohm and -30Kohm. There is also mention of a schematic file being too large to download.
electronic engineer
We were asked to design digital voltage and current meter with 3 ranges
(20 100 200) v for voltages and two ranges
(2, 20)A for amperes
Note: supply voltage is 5V
maximum value for resistors of ampere meter must not exceeded 0.5 ohm

V1=Vin. (R2+R3+R4)/(R1+R2+R3+R4)
V2=Vin.(R3+R4)/(R1+R2+R3+R4)
V3=Vin.(R4)/(R1+R2+R3+R4)

Where V1=V2=V3=V4=1 V
Vin changes respectively with V1,V2,V3 as 20,100,200
So we used those equations mentioned above when we considered R1+R2+R3+R4=6000 Kohm but we get these values:
R4=R3=30Kohm
R2= -30
Note: we have no problem with current meter,that's why I haven't referred to it at the attachment
Need help!
Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
attachment

sorry, i can't download the my schematic cause it exceedes the max.file size

i don't know may be try later

What type of file are you trying to attach?

PNG file , but it's oversize (about 400KB)

Related to Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter -V1,V2,V3 (20,100,200V) & (2,20A)

1. How does the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter work?

The Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter uses a combination of electronic components and circuits to measure the voltage and current in a circuit. It typically includes a display screen, sensors, and a microcontroller to process the data and display it in a readable format.

2. What is the accuracy of the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter?

The accuracy of the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter depends on several factors, including the quality of the components used, the calibration of the meter, and the conditions under which it is being used. Typically, it has an accuracy of around 0.5% to 1%.

3. Can the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter be used for both AC and DC circuits?

Yes, the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter can be used for both AC and DC circuits. However, it is important to select the appropriate range on the meter for the type of circuit being measured to ensure accurate readings.

4. How do I calibrate the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter?

To calibrate the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter, you will need a known voltage and current source. Connect the meter to the source and adjust the calibration settings until the meter displays the correct values. It is recommended to calibrate the meter periodically to maintain accuracy.

5. Can the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter measure other parameters besides voltage and current?

Some models of the Design Digital Voltage and Current Meter may have additional features and capabilities, such as measuring resistance, frequency, or temperature. However, the standard version typically only measures voltage and current.