Designing a Multimodal Learning Preference Test Using VARK Model

• Thread starter Zayn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses creating a survey to test learning preferences based on the VARK model. The test will consist of 16 multiple choice questions with four options for each (visual, aural, kinesthetic, and read/write). The goal is to determine if someone is multimodal or has a mild visual learning style. One suggested approach is to create video questions with different variations and present them randomly to people.
Zayn

Homework Statement

For my data management class, I want to make a survey that has questions to test your learning preferences based on a VARK model (visual, aural, kinesthetic, and read/write) (I know the validity of the test itself is questionable, but I still think some interesting trends might be observed).

The test will consist of 16 multiple choice questions, each of which having a visual, aural, kinesthetic, and read/write option. I take the 16 answers and then give them some score: V/A/R/K so 12/2/1/1 would indicate someone who is a strong visual learner. I was just wondering what kind of algorithm to use to determine if someone is multimodal (4/4/3/5, for example), or has a mild visual learning style (8/4/2/2).

Homework Equations

I have no idea how to approach the problem.

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you would need to design an app to give the test because of the auditory and kinesthetic aspects.

One approach might be to create video questions:

1) shows the question with a graphic visualization or speaks the question with a graphic
2) speaks the question with blank screen
3) shows a person speaking the question while articulating with hands or moving around
4) shows the question just printed on the screen.

You could do these four variations for each of your sixteen questions and then present them randomly to people to see how they respond. Questions could be multiple choice or fill in the blanks or true false.

Likes scottdave and Zayn

FAQ: Designing a Multimodal Learning Preference Test Using VARK Model

1. How do I get a single result from a scientific experiment?

In order to get a single result from a scientific experiment, it is important to carefully design and conduct the experiment, collect and analyze data, and eliminate any potential sources of error. This includes using proper controls, replicating the experiment, and following established scientific methods and protocols.

2. What is the significance of getting a single result in scientific research?

A single result from a scientific experiment is important because it provides evidence for or against a hypothesis, and can contribute to the overall body of scientific knowledge. It allows for the drawing of conclusions and making informed decisions based on the data collected.

3. How can I ensure the accuracy of a single result in my experiment?

To ensure the accuracy of a single result, it is important to use precise and reliable measurement tools, follow proper experimental procedures, and carefully control any variables that could affect the outcome. Additionally, repeating the experiment and obtaining similar results can also increase the confidence in the accuracy of the single result.

4. What should I do if my experiment yields unexpected or conflicting single results?

If your experiment yields unexpected or conflicting single results, it is important to carefully review your methods and data collection process to identify any potential errors or factors that may have impacted the results. Consulting with colleagues or seeking peer review can also help in identifying and addressing any issues.

5. How do I interpret a single result in the context of scientific research?

Interpreting a single result in scientific research involves comparing it to previous studies, considering the limitations and potential biases of the experiment, and determining its significance in relation to the overall research question. It is important to consider the broader scientific context and to avoid drawing conclusions solely based on one single result.

Back