Designing a Suspension System for Food Cart

In summary, the author is trying to start a mobile juicing business and came up with a plan for incorporating a mechanical suspension that can lift up the juicer for traveling. They are not sure how to put EIGHT wheels on the juicer, but they are sure it can be done.
ShenHz
34rsio5.jpg

Hello.

I'm trying to start my own mobile juicing business.
I have the money to build my own mobile cart.

I spent some time thinking what I want my cart to do.

I want to incorporate a mechanical suspension
That can lift up the cart for traveling
So it can go over steps and curbs
(Off road wagon style, no problem)

But then I want to be able to set it down
So I can have my table at elbow level
For smooth stable sale operations

So I came up with this but I'm not sure what mechanical parts I would need to put the suspension together in order to give the suspension on my cart this function.

BTW: I plan to use 8 bicycle tires. It's not going to be on the road. I'm not going to tow it. I'm going to tie it up on top of a flat bed trailer that is road ready and tow the flatbed trailer. When I get to my sales gig, I plan to unload it from my flat bed trailer and push / pull it to it's destination.

So yeah, I was wondering if you guys could maybe give some ideas on how I could possibly design this in the simplest most stable and efficient way possible?

Engineering news on Phys.org
OK. I think what you should do is make the wheels clip into mobile mode and have a button to push it out into set up mode, plus you could make some "legs" that fold out and lock into place to keep it from rolling away ( or you could put locks on the wheels). as for going up stairs and curbs you could just get some suspension ( like on a mountain bike).
(PS: I am not sure HOW you are going to put EIGHT wheels on it but I guess as long as you know) :wink:

Related to Designing a Suspension System for Food Cart

1. How does the suspension system affect the stability of a food cart?

The suspension system is crucial for maintaining stability and preventing the food cart from tipping over. It absorbs shocks and vibrations caused by uneven surfaces or sudden movements, keeping the cart steady and preventing damage to the food and equipment inside.

2. What materials are commonly used in designing a suspension system for food carts?

The most commonly used materials for food cart suspension systems are steel, aluminum, and polyurethane. These materials are lightweight, durable, and have good shock-absorbing properties.

3. How do you determine the appropriate suspension system for a specific food cart?

The appropriate suspension system for a food cart depends on several factors, such as the weight of the cart, the terrain it will be operating on, and the type of food being sold. It is important to consider these factors and consult with a professional engineer to determine the best suspension system for your specific food cart.

4. Can the suspension system be adjusted for different road conditions?

Yes, the suspension system can be adjusted for different road conditions. Some food carts have adjustable shock absorbers or air springs that can be tuned to provide more or less cushioning depending on the terrain. It is important to regularly check and adjust the suspension system to ensure optimal performance and stability.

5. How often should the suspension system be maintained and replaced?

The suspension system should be regularly maintained and checked for any signs of wear and tear. It is recommended to have a professional inspect and service the suspension system at least once a year. Depending on the usage and conditions, the suspension components may need to be replaced every 2-3 years to ensure optimal performance and safety.