Designing Audio Amplifier with BJT and MOSFET Components

In summary, the person is new and looking for an audio amplifier schematic that works with both BJT and MOSFET. They believe it is a class G amplifier and have found a 5000w one that uses 2sc5200 and irfp250. They are having trouble finding a schematic and have tried searching on Google and through online resources. They mention using an IC for switching and controlling the MOSFET and BJT operation.
..::D::..
Hi, I'm new here. can somebody put here an a schematic of Class AB, D,G or T. I need an audio amplifier that work with bjt and mosfet simultaneously, i think that kind of amplifier is class g, but I'm not sure,for example i saw an 5000w amplifier with 2sc5200 and his pnp pair working with irfp250 with his pair, the power supply was 80V -0- 80V and 70V-0-70V.
That amplifier works with switching, i think.

Thanks for your help

P.D: my english isn't well Sorry I'm learning

Engineering news on Phys.org
What kind of audio websites have you tried looking through so far? I googled audio amp tutorial power schematic, and got lots of hits:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=audio+amp+tutorial+power+schematic

For example, here's a website with links to lots of pages with schematics:

http://dmoz.org/Science/Technology/Electronics/Reference/Circuit_Archives/

And here's a book resource from Amazon that you might want to check out:

http://dmoz.org/Science/Technology/Electronics/Reference/Circuit_Archives/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help, but i need specially schematics of Power amplifiers, my need is an schematic of some amplifier that work with switching with mosfets an Bjt, better if is complementary.

i will check that links.

Thanks

i saw one amplifier with this system, with an a IC, the reference i don't know, one comrade said that this is an a regulator, or can be a pulse modulator, i think what that IC control the switching operation with the mosfets and Bjt's

My english Sucks!

Related to Designing Audio Amplifier with BJT and MOSFET Components

1. How do I choose between a BJT and MOSFET for my audio amplifier design?

Choosing between a BJT and MOSFET for an audio amplifier design depends on various factors such as the desired gain, frequency response, and power efficiency. BJTs are better suited for low-frequency applications, while MOSFETs are more suitable for high-frequency applications. Additionally, BJTs have higher gain and lower input impedance compared to MOSFETs, making them more suitable for voltage amplification. On the other hand, MOSFETs have lower noise levels and higher input impedance, making them more suitable for current amplification. Ultimately, the choice between BJT and MOSFET will depend on the specific requirements of your audio amplifier design.

2. How do I determine the biasing conditions for my amplifier circuit?

The biasing conditions for an amplifier circuit depend on the type of amplifier and the components used. Generally, BJTs require a stable and fixed DC voltage at the base to operate in the active region, while MOSFETs require a stable and fixed DC voltage at the gate to operate in the saturation region. The biasing conditions can be determined using circuit analysis techniques, taking into account the desired operating point, component values, and supply voltage. It is important to ensure that the biasing conditions are stable and do not cause distortion or damage to the components.

3. How do I calculate the gain of my audio amplifier?

The gain of an audio amplifier is the ratio of the output signal amplitude to the input signal amplitude. For a BJT amplifier, the gain can be calculated using the formula Av = -gmRc, where gm is the transconductance of the transistor and Rc is the collector resistor. For a MOSFET amplifier, the gain can be calculated using the formula Av = -gmRd, where gm is the transconductance of the transistor and Rd is the drain resistor. It is important to note that the gain will also depend on the values of other components such as capacitors and resistors in the amplifier circuit.

4. How do I ensure stability in my audio amplifier design?

To ensure stability in an audio amplifier design, it is important to consider the frequency response and feedback in the circuit. The frequency response should be flat and free from oscillations, and the feedback should be properly applied to prevent the amplifier from becoming unstable. Additionally, using bypass capacitors and proper grounding techniques can also help improve stability in an audio amplifier design.

5. Can I use a combination of BJT and MOSFET in my audio amplifier design?

Yes, it is possible to use a combination of BJT and MOSFET in an audio amplifier design. This can be done by using a BJT as the input stage for voltage amplification and a MOSFET as the output stage for current amplification. This combination can help achieve the desired gain, frequency response, and power efficiency in an audio amplifier design. However, careful consideration must be given to the biasing conditions and component values to ensure proper operation and avoid distortion or damage to the components.