Desperate Help Needed: Newton's 2nd Law Experiment Data for Lab 11

• Thread starter akuma3251
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Desperate
In summary, a student is in need of data for a lab experiment on Newton's Second Law involving adding weights to a hanging weight to pull a cart through a photogate. They are looking for data on the acceleration of the system with specific weights in order to calculate the force of gravity. The student did not do the lab in class and is now asking for help obtaining the data. Suggestions are made to ask the teacher for an extension or to obtain the data from a friend. The thread has been locked by a moderator.
akuma3251
Newtons 2nd Law experiment

Homework Statement

I need some data for labexperiment 11 Newtons second law in which you add weights to a hanging weight which pulls a cart through a photogate. Anyway i was wondering if anyone else has done this lab because i need data for the acceleration of the system when the weight has .05 .07 .09 .11 and .13 (kilograms) so i can calculate the force of gravity

Homework Equations

F=MA

The Attempt at a Solution

I know i need to calculate the Force of gravity with the mass of the system however in order ot do so i must know the acceleration which i regretfully do not have.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

So what you're asking is has anyone done this lab, so you can copy their data? why didn't you do this is class?

I can't really help you as I never did an actual lab, I instead did it algebraically, acceleration due to gravity (neglecting friction, and on Earth at approx seas level, I forgot the radius) is 9.8m/s.

yamugushi said:
So what you're asking is has anyone done this lab, so you can copy their data? why didn't you do this is class?

I can't really help you as I never did an actual lab, I instead did it algebraically, acceleration due to gravity (neglecting friction, and on Earth at approx seas level, I forgot the radius) is 9.8m/s.

I guess if you want to say it like that yea i need some data, however data is not important in this labit is the work we show in calculating the force of friction as well as graphs and I was not in the classs to get the data i was on a family trip and came back as we got out of school for a week and a half winter break.

ask your teacher over the email for an extension or ask a friend

or if you have no friends (kidding :) ) then email your teacher and ask for numbers.

I agree, explain to your teacher that you were away with your family and ask how you can (properly) obtain the data you need to complete the assignment.

Moderator's note: locking thread.

Related to Desperate Help Needed: Newton's 2nd Law Experiment Data for Lab 11

1. What does "desperate help needed" mean?

"Desperate help needed" is a phrase often used to convey a sense of urgency and a plea for assistance. It suggests that the individual or group is in a difficult or dire situation and requires immediate aid.

2. Why do people use the phrase "desperate help needed"?

People may use this phrase when they are facing a challenging or urgent problem and feel that they cannot solve it on their own. It can also be used to draw attention and elicit a quick response from others.

3. Is it okay to use the phrase "desperate help needed"?

While it is understandable to use this phrase when one is in a desperate situation, it is important to consider the context and potential impact of the words. It may be more effective to clearly and specifically state the type of assistance needed.

4. How can I provide help to someone who says "desperate help needed"?

If someone uses this phrase, it is important to approach the situation with empathy and compassion. Ask for more details about their specific needs and offer support or resources that may be helpful. It may also be beneficial to connect them with professional or specialized services.

5. Can using the phrase "desperate help needed" have negative consequences?

Using this phrase can potentially cause feelings of fear or panic in others and may not accurately convey the severity of the situation. It is important to use clear and specific language when asking for help to avoid misunderstandings or unnecessary stress.