Detailed circuit with explanation on the automatic voltage regulator

In summary, the conversation is about requesting a detailed circuit with explanation for an automatic voltage regulator for synchronous generators. The response provides a link to images of generator regulator circuits and suggests contacting the person through email for more information. It is also mentioned to share email addresses through private messaging instead of posting them publicly.
hisham.i
I want a detailed circuit with explanation on the automatic voltage regulator for synchronous generators if anyone has

Engineering news on Phys.org

Can you be a little more specific please? Are you talking about the voltage regulator on an electric generator that controls the field current?

yes this what i meant...i need a detailed circuit please

hisham.i said:
yes this what i meant...i need a detailed circuit please

Please inform your email address, I can send you useful information regarding your concerned subject.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Creative thinking is enjoyable, Then think about your surrounding things and other thought products. http://electrical-riddles.com

m.s.j said:
Please inform your email address, I can send you useful information regarding your concerned subject.

Please be sure to communicate e-mail addresses by PM, and not posted in the open forums. Thanks.

FAQ: Detailed circuit with explanation on the automatic voltage regulator

1. What is an automatic voltage regulator (AVR) and how does it work?

An automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is an electronic device that is used to regulate the voltage output of a power supply. It works by monitoring the voltage output of the power supply and adjusting the output voltage to maintain a constant level.

2. Why is an AVR important in electrical systems?

An AVR is important in electrical systems because it ensures that the voltage output remains stable, which is crucial for the proper functioning of electronic devices. It protects devices from voltage fluctuations and helps to prevent damage to the electrical system.

3. What are the components of an AVR?

The main components of an AVR include a voltage sensor, a comparator, an amplifier, and a control circuit. The voltage sensor measures the output voltage, the comparator compares it to the desired voltage level, and the amplifier adjusts the output voltage accordingly. The control circuit controls the operation of the other components.

4. How does an AVR maintain a constant voltage output?

An AVR maintains a constant voltage output by adjusting the amount of voltage that is sent to the load. If the output voltage is too low, the AVR will increase it by allowing more current to flow through the load. If the output voltage is too high, the AVR will decrease it by reducing the amount of current flowing through the load.

5. What are the different types of AVR?

The two main types of AVR are electromechanical and solid-state. Electromechanical AVRs use a mechanical system to adjust the voltage output, while solid-state AVRs use electronic components. Solid-state AVRs are more commonly used due to their faster response time and better accuracy.