Determine if the dependent source of the circuit delivering power or....

In summary, to determine if a dependent source is delivering power in a circuit, one can use Kirchhoff's Voltage Law and Kirchhoff's Current Law. A dependent source is an electrical component controlled by another voltage or current in the circuit and delivers power by converting the input voltage or current. However, it can also be a source of power loss if not properly regulated or if it has low efficiency. The power delivered by a dependent source can be calculated using the formula P = VI, with a positive value indicating power supply and a negative value indicating power absorption.
Michael_0039
Homework Statement
Determine if the dependent source of the circuit delivering power or absorbing power
Relevant Equations
nil
Hi all !

I want a confirmation for this exercise please.

The circuit:
Καταγραφή.PNG

This is my try: https://www.docdroid.net/EFuTDMp/new-doc-2019-10-03-234340-1-converted.pdf

--

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I only looked at your first loop equation and it appears to me that you have the sign of the fixed voltage wrong.

OOPS strike that

Hand calculation is too difficult for me, I would rather resort to simulation.

Anwser.jpg

Likes Michael_0039

Related to Determine if the dependent source of the circuit delivering power or....

1. How do I determine if the dependent source of a circuit is delivering power?

The easiest way to determine if a dependent source in a circuit is delivering power is to calculate the power output using the source's voltage and current values. If the resulting power value is positive, then the source is delivering power. If it is negative, then the source is absorbing power.

2. What is the difference between a dependent source delivering power and an independent source delivering power?

The main difference between a dependent source delivering power and an independent source delivering power is that the dependent source's output is controlled by a separate input variable, while an independent source's output is fixed regardless of external factors.

3. Can a dependent source deliver negative power?

Yes, a dependent source can deliver negative power if the input variable controlling its output is also negative. In this case, the source is absorbing power rather than delivering it.

4. How does the type of dependent source affect its power delivery?

The type of dependent source, such as voltage-controlled or current-controlled, can affect its power delivery by determining the mathematical relationship between its input and output variables. Depending on this relationship, the dependent source may deliver or absorb power in different scenarios.

5. Is there a way to determine the power delivery of a dependent source without calculating it?

Yes, there are certain circuit analysis techniques, such as the superposition theorem or Thevenin's theorem, that can be used to determine the power delivery of a dependent source without directly calculating it. These methods involve simplifying the circuit and using equivalent circuits to analyze the power flow.