Determining Response of Overdamped System

• Thread starter Ivan Antunovic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    System
In summary, the behavior of a damped system is determined by the roots of the characteristic equation for the system, with three types of responses possible: overdamped, underdamped, or critically damped. The initial conditions, specifically the initial voltage on the capacitor and the initial current in the inductor, determine the shape of the response curve. A simulation program, such as LT SPICE, can be used to confirm the behavior of the system.
Ivan Antunovic said:
And sorry for the late answer I am really busy with the finals.
no worries

Ivan Antunovic said:
My professor doesn't want from me to think as mathematician , he wants me to think with my own head and think as a engineer and a physicist,he wants from me to describe him a problem and give him solution without equations actually by logical thinking.
engineers and physicists have to think about the mathematical concepts. I am an engineer as well. I've had to use the type of analysis I've mentioned at my job. math is simply a tool for engineers and physicists.

If you haven't discussed poles and zeros yet then most likely the answer is initial conditions, like you already mentioned. the green would simply be initial conditions of zero (or close to it)

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Antunovic said:
no worriesengineers and physicists have to think about the mathematical concepts. I am an engineer as well. I've had to use the type of analysis I've mentioned at my job. math is simply a tool for engineers and physicists.

I agree 100% with you ,math is our tool.Do you work as Control engineer, I guess you are using a lot of MatLAB at your work?

Back