Developed an interest in, Astronomy? Astrophysics?

In summary, the conversation is about the desire to learn more about plants and astronomy, specifically the identification of stars and constellations. The speaker mentions reading articles on Wikipedia, but is looking for a more structured and beginner-friendly resource. Another person suggests a website, astronomyforbeginners.com, as a good place to start. The speaker expresses gratitude for the recommendation.
eveo
I've recently been reading articles (primarily wikipedia) about different plants, their sizes, and all elements required in the identification of certain stars, constellations etc. I'd like to learn more but simply visiting pages on Wikipedia endlessly for hours won't accumulate much aside from a bunch of facts about random stars. Where does one get started? Are there any good beginners resources on physics in relation to astronomy? I want to know more but I don't know where to start. Would be great if somebody could nudge me in the right direction, thanks!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thank you, that is exactly what I've been searching for. Many thanks :)

Related to Developed an interest in, Astronomy? Astrophysics?

1. What sparked your interest in astronomy and astrophysics?

I have always been fascinated by the vastness and complexity of the universe. As I grew older, I began to learn more about the fascinating discoveries and advancements in the field of astronomy and astrophysics, which only further sparked my curiosity and passion for the subject.

2. What is the difference between astronomy and astrophysics?

Astronomy is the study of celestial objects, such as stars, planets, and galaxies, and their properties and interactions. Astrophysics, on the other hand, is a branch of astronomy that focuses on the physics of these celestial objects and the processes that govern them.

3. What are some common tools and techniques used in astronomy and astrophysics?

Astronomers and astrophysicists use a variety of instruments and technologies, such as telescopes, spectrographs, and satellites, to observe and study celestial objects. They also use mathematical models and computer simulations to analyze and interpret data.

4. How do astronomers and astrophysicists make new discoveries?

Astronomers and astrophysicists make new discoveries through a combination of observation, experimentation, and theoretical predictions. They use advanced technologies and techniques to gather data and analyze it to gain new insights and understanding of the universe.

5. What are some current areas of research in astronomy and astrophysics?

Some current areas of research in astronomy and astrophysics include the search for exoplanets and the potential for life beyond Earth, the study of dark matter and dark energy, and investigations into the origins and evolution of the universe. There is also ongoing research on black holes, gravitational waves, and the structure and dynamics of galaxies.

Back