Did the Soviets create a space-baby?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of Soviet space babies being conceived and grown in utero, as well as the effects of zero gravity on pregnancy and sex in space. It also mentions the myth of space babies and a supposed space baby seen in a NASA image. There is also mention of a married couple who may have engaged in sex in space. Overall, the conversation explores the idea of human reproduction in space and the potential consequences and implications.
Loren Booda
Who could ignore the temptation of life conceived and grown in utero, in spatio? The Soviets had the opportunuity and the motive. (They also had over 2 billion abortions under their belts, so no problems with ethics.) What came of these purported space children (not "hippies," comrade)?

The amnionic sea may already have provided all of us the benefit of a semi-weightless state, but not zero-G. The effects upon the mother must be Miriad; just consider fetal bone formation from an osteoporific Matrushka. The woman's weightless condition would secondhandedly deprive the child multifold nutrients via the placenta.

You heard the myth of Mir here; what are your thoughts? :-p

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The Soviets spent a lot of time up there. It is an interesting notion.

And having sex in a 0G environment must also be... interesting.

I am the Soviet's space baby.

I knew it!

Note to self: Don't make any more space babies.

FZ+ said:
And having sex in a 0G environment must also be... interesting.

Sex in a 5g environment is also interesting but the problem...oh...never mind.

What do you think FZ, Zooby? I even remember NASA winking when asked if they had engaged in space nooky experiments. I think it was a married couple, both astronauts that went up on the shuttle.

Nasa astronauts positively created a space baby. It can be seen floating weightless in its little baby space suit here:

Space Center Houston: There's Always Something New
Address:http://www.spacecenter.org/

What do you think FZ, Zooby? I even remember NASA winking when asked if they had engaged in space nooky experiments. I think it was a married couple, both astronauts that went up on the shuttle.
Remember the image at the end of 2001: A Space Oddessy? Where do you think they got that picture from?

FAQ: Did the Soviets create a space-baby?

1. How did the idea of a Soviet space-baby even come about?

The idea of a Soviet space-baby originated from a hoax article published in the Weekly World News in 1995, claiming that a Soviet cosmonaut gave birth to a baby in space during the Cold War.

2. Is there any evidence to support the claim that a Soviet space-baby was born?

No, there is no evidence or any credible sources to support the claim of a Soviet space-baby being born. The article was proven to be a hoax and there are no records of such an event ever happening.

3. What would have been the implications if a Soviet space-baby was actually born?

If a Soviet space-baby was actually born, it would have been a major scientific breakthrough and a significant achievement for the Soviet space program. It could have also sparked a new space race between the Soviet Union and the United States.

4. Could a human baby survive being born in space?

It is highly unlikely that a human baby could survive being born in space. The conditions in space, such as zero gravity and radiation, would be extremely dangerous for a developing fetus. Additionally, the lack of proper medical equipment and facilities would make it nearly impossible for a successful birth to occur.

5. Has any human ever been born in space?

No, no human has ever been born in space. The first human birth in space is planned for 2024, when a pregnant astronaut is expected to give birth on the International Space Station. However, this will be a planned and controlled event, not a surprise birth like the one claimed in the hoax article.

Back