Dimensional analysis peculiarity

av163
TL;DR Summary
(e^2*G)/(c^2*k^2) appears to be exactly 1x10^-19
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I noticed an earlier thread about coincidences with natural constants was posted here, and this one is bugging me.

I can't remember why I calculated this, but the (Planck time^6 * Planck current^2 * Planck temperature^2)/(Planck length^3 * Planck mass^3) gives the low energy fine structure constant (reciprocal) multiplied by 10^-19.

Doing a bit more work, I found this to be tied to the relation that the product of the speed of light squared and Boltzmann's constant squared is 1.713199627x10^-29, whereas the product of the elementary charge squared and the gravitational constant is 1.713199627E-43. The additional precision in the leading digits comes from the assumption that the measured low energy fine structure constant is correct.
This would give a theoretically derived value for G of 6.674015085E-11.

Given how unnatural this exact value seems, and the fact that I've only been performing basic dimensional analysis, I suspect I might have missed a regularization of some sort? I've tried googling these values but nothing pops up. Does anybody have an idea what's happening here? :headbang:

Physics news on Phys.org
av163 said:
Does anybody have an idea what's happening here?
Quick sanity check:
Redo your calculations, except use the numerical values you get when distances are measured in feet instead of meters. Do these interesting relationships go away? If so, your calculations may be telling you something about the shoe size of a long-dead English king, but they aren’t telling us anything about any physical truth.

Likes DaveE, Bystander, PeroK and 1 other person
Nugatory said:
Quick sanity check:
Redo your calculations, except use the numerical values you get when distances are measured in feet instead of meters. Do these interesting relationships go away? If so, your calculations may be telling you something about the shoe size of a long-dead English king, but they aren’t telling us anything about any physical truth.
Yep. It disappears when I use feet. :doh: Thank you, that was costing me sleep. 👍