Discover the Acceleration and Angle of Circular Motion | Car Physics Explained

• Thread starter googooloo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physic
In summary, the car has a linear (or tangential) acceleration of .5 m/s2 for a total acceleration of 1.94 m/s2 after 15 seconds.
googooloo
physic for today please help me!

Homework Statement

A car starts moving from a stay position. The path of its movement has a circular form.
The radius of the circle that the car is moving on, is constantly 0.5 (m/s^2).
a) what is the pure linear acceleration of the car after 15 seconds?
b) what is the angle between the diagram of pure acceleration and diagram of speed of the car?

P.S: i was not sure about the word "pure linear accelerate", but i think the formula is :
pure linear accelerate = radical of [ (linear a)^2 + (radius a)^2 ]

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi googooloo! welcome to pf! :smile:

(try using the X2 icon just above the Reply box :wink:)

what language was this question written in? :confused:

i'll assume it meant …
A car starts moving from a stationary position. The path of its movement has a circular form.
The linear (or tangential) acceleration of the car, is constantly 0.5 (m/s2).
a) what is the linear acceleration of the car after 15 seconds?
b) what is the angle between the direction (or vector) of the total acceleration and the direction (or vector) of the speed of the car?​

your formula is for the total acceleration … the linear (or tangential) acceleration is perpendicular to the https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=27", so the total acceleration is √(al2 + ar2) …

but i think the question is only asking for the linear (tangential) acceleration :wink:

(we really need to see the original question to be sure)

Last edited by a moderator:

tiny-tim said:
hi googooloo! welcome to pf! :smile:

(try using the X2 icon just above the Reply box :wink:)

what language was this question written in? :confused:

i'll assume it meant …
A car starts moving from a stationary position. The path of its movement has a circular form.
The linear (or tangential) acceleration of the car, is constantly 0.5 (m/s2).
a) what is the linear acceleration of the car after 15 seconds?
b) what is the angle between the direction (or vector) of the total acceleration and the direction (or vector) of the speed of the car?​

your formula is for the total acceleration … the linear (or tangential) acceleration is perpendicular to the https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=27", so the total acceleration is √(al2 + ar2) …

but i think the question is only asking for the linear (tangential) acceleration :wink:

(we really need to see the original question to be sure)

Yes that is exactly what you said, and sorry for the language :biggrin:
anyways how can i find √(al2 + ar2)?

tiny-tim said:
ar is the https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=27" , which you should know about

and al is simply dv/dt, the rate of change of the speed (the scalar speed, not the vector velocity)

well i need to find at and ar...
i have constant accelerate about 0.5 m/s2 and the time which it required from me about 15 sec.
SO> 0.5=delta V/ delta t=delta v/15
so delta v is 7.5...v0 is 0 m/s so V is 7.5...
r=30 m
ar=V2/r=1.875...
at is 0.5 m/s2...
so √(al2 + ar2) will be √(3.515+0.25)=1.94m/s2

now the 2nd part i know that V and at are in same direction so i need to find the angle between √(al2 + ar2) and al...
should i use 1.94*cos(teta)=at??

googooloo said:
ar=V2/r=1.875...
at is 0.5 m/s2...
so √(al2 + ar2) will be √(3.515+0.25)=1.94m/s2
Yes, that's correct.
now the 2nd part i know that V and at are in same direction so i need to find the angle between √(al2 + ar2) and al...
should i use 1.94*cos(teta)=at??
Yes.

Redbelly98 said:
Yes, that's correct.

Yes.

Thanks a lot then it is solved :smile:

Related to Discover the Acceleration and Angle of Circular Motion | Car Physics Explained

What is circular motion?

Circular motion refers to the movement of an object along a circular path. This type of motion is characterized by a constant distance from a central point and a constant speed.

What is acceleration in circular motion?

Acceleration in circular motion is the rate of change of velocity with respect to time. This means that the speed and direction of the object are constantly changing as it moves along the circular path.

How is acceleration calculated in circular motion?

Acceleration in circular motion can be calculated using the formula a = v^2/r, where a is the acceleration, v is the velocity, and r is the radius of the circular path.

What is the angle of circular motion?

The angle of circular motion refers to the angle between the tangent to the circle at any given point and the radius of the circle. It is also known as the angle of rotation or the angular displacement.

How does circular motion affect a car's performance?

Circular motion is an essential aspect of car physics as it affects the car's speed, acceleration, and turning ability. The acceleration and angle of circular motion determine how the car will respond to different driving conditions and impacts its overall performance.

Back