Discover the Fascinating World of Physics: Beginner's Guide & Resources

• Thread starter lvlastermind
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, if you are a beginner with physics and looking for resources to learn more about the subject, there are several options available to you. Some good places to start are basic kinematics tutorials, calculus tutorials, and the website particleadventure.com. You can also consider borrowing books from the library or purchasing them from a store. Additionally, you can check out the physics napster thread on physicsforums.com for more resources. Don't be afraid to explore different sources, including books in the junior section, to find helpful information.
lvlastermind
hello, I am a beginner with physics and i was wondering if anyone had some links that i could read to get to know the physics world.

Physics news on Phys.org
thank you very much

any more..?

http://www.math.hmc.edu/calculus/tutorials/

You will learn calculus through this. It is not the best tutorial, but feel free to ask questions.

I think a site called particleadventure.com is very good and informative about the sub-atomic world. I was lost before I saw that site, now I'm good.

You should also consider books, from the library or store. Some libraries have Physics/Math textbooks. Photocopy the pages and study them at home. :)

Have FUN!

Note: Don't be afraid to pick up books in the Junior section. I found two books that didn't belong there. (Introduction to Relativity, and The Basic Elements of Chemistry) I don't know why it is there, but I highly doubt a junior would pick that up.

thanks again..

any more?

thanks again

Related to Discover the Fascinating World of Physics: Beginner's Guide & Resources

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand and explain the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe.

2. Why is physics important?

Physics is important because it helps us understand the world around us, from the smallest particles to the largest galaxies. It also plays a crucial role in technological advancements and has practical applications in various fields such as medicine, engineering, and astronomy.

3. What are some key concepts in physics?

Some key concepts in physics include motion, forces, energy, waves, electricity and magnetism, and the laws of thermodynamics. These concepts are used to explain and predict the behavior of objects and systems in the physical world.

4. How can I learn more about physics?

There are various resources available for learning about physics, such as books, online courses, and educational videos. You can also attend lectures, join a physics club, or participate in experiments to gain a better understanding of the subject.

5. What are some real-world applications of physics?

Physics has numerous real-world applications, including the development of new technologies, such as computers, smartphones, and renewable energy sources. It is also used in fields such as medicine, aerospace, and transportation to improve and innovate existing systems and processes.