Discussion on the source or cause of Dark Energy Dark Matter et al

• B
  • Thread starter Tanelorn
  • Start date
Tanelorn
TL;DR Summary
Discussion on the source or cause of Dark Energy Dark Matter et al
I have had this question for a number of years now.

As a general principle, is there a consensus on whether the SOURCE of dark energy, dark matter, the BB and any or all other similar phenomenon must already be present in our physical Universe (type 1 Multiverse included)?

Or do we not know and as such external sources, beyond our Universe, for some of these are still on the table so to speak?

Space news on Phys.org
Tanelorn said:
external sources, beyond our Universe
There is no such thing.

Likes Vanadium 50 and Tanelorn
Thanks Peter, so the source of everything which has ever happened in our Universe comes from something already within our universe.
I like to think so also but there are so many speculative theories out there, which I personally do not like.

Tanelorn said:
the source of everything which has ever happened in our Universe comes from something already within our universe.
That's what "universe" means.

Tanelorn said:
there are so many speculative theories out there
Do you have any actual references to textbooks or peer-reviewed papers? There's lots of garbage on the Internet, sure, but that doesn't mean actual scientists pay attention to it.

Likes Vanadium 50 and Tanelorn
I mean all these speculative pseudo-science things which have crept into the Cosmology field like where the energy for the BB came from, black hole gateways, wormholes, time travel, Multiverse theories, cyclical universes, branes, string theory. etc etc.
For me some of this is not that far above the techno babble on Trek :)
I want more hard science these days, even if there is a theoretical component.

• Skeptical
Likes weirdoguy
Tanelorn said:
all these speculative pseudo-science things which have crept into the Cosmology field
Again, do you have any actual references to textbooks or peer-reviewed papers? If you do, you can start a new thread in the appropriate forum discussing such a reference and asking questions about it. Vague complaints about stuff you don't like are pointless and off topic here.

The OP question has been answered. Thread closed.