Do children of Monozygotic twins have the same relatedness as siblings?

• Thread starter Chitose
  • Start date
In summary: However, if A1 and B1 have two children, A1B2 and A2B1, then AB1 and AB2 will have different relatedness because A1 and B1 each contributed a different allele to their children.
Chitose
Hello, Chitose wonder chick again.

First to tell This is NOT a homework.

Monozygotic twins are twin from same agg right? which mean Almost every of their indentical (Sex, DNA, Chromosome, bra bra bra...).

In some forum in my country their argue about does Monozygotic twins have the same fingerprint or not, so I ask you here.

1. Dose Monozygotic twins hava the same finger print?

Miss A1 and A2 are Monozygotic twins.
Mr. B1 and B2 are Monozygotic twins as well.

If A1 marry B1 (or B2, same case)
and A2 marry B2 (or B1, same case)

What going to happan to their kids? almost like twin? (but not twin)
Are they going to have same DNA even they not twin?

If not, why?
Both pair of parent havs same DNA right?
because Mutation?

PS. English is not my native languge, forgive me if I'm wrong in gramma or spelling.

Biology news on Phys.org
1. No, they don't have identical finger prints.

This tells us that finger prints at birth are more dominantly determined by the local environment within the uterus, rather than by genetic instructions.

Since two fetuses sharing a womb will still experience somewhat different conditions, the variability in finger prints between monozygotic twins should be about the same as for heterozygotic twins.

Chitose said:

Miss A1 and A2 are Monozygotic twins.
Mr. B1 and B2 are Monozygotic twins as well.

If A1 marry B1 (or B2, same case)
and A2 marry B2 (or B1, same case)

What going to happan to their kids? almost like twin? (but not twin)
Are they going to have same DNA even they not twin?

If not, why?
Both pair of parent havs same DNA right?
because Mutation?

Consider the case where A1 and B1 have a second kid. Since A1 has an identical genetic makeup to A2 and B1 has an identical genetic makeup to B2, this situation should be the same as A2 and B2 having a kid.

I mean both pair have only one kid.
what I wonder is son of A1 and B1 going to have same genetic instructer to son of A2 and B2? (same as twins, not same as brother)

Well, first you should consider the case where A1 and B1 have two kids. In this case, will the two kids be identical. Why or why not?

Oh I see... they just have identical as brother...
(aww man... why i didn't though about this case earlier.)

Correct. If A1 and B1 have a child, AB1, and A2 and B2 have a child, AB2, then AB1 and AB2 will have the same relatedness as siblings.

FAQ: Do children of Monozygotic twins have the same relatedness as siblings?

1. What are Monozygotic twins?

Monozygotic twins, also known as identical twins, are siblings who develop from a single fertilized egg that splits into two embryos during early development. They share the same genetic material and are almost identical in appearance.

2. How are Monozygotic twins formed?

Monozygotic twins are formed when a single fertilized egg, also known as a zygote, splits into two separate embryos within the first two weeks of conception. This can happen spontaneously and is thought to be a random event.

3. Are Monozygotic twins genetically identical?

Yes, Monozygotic twins are genetically identical because they come from the same fertilized egg and share the same DNA. However, small differences in their genetic makeup may occur due to random mutations or environmental factors.

4. What factors influence the likelihood of having Monozygotic twins?

The likelihood of having Monozygotic twins is influenced by several factors, including maternal age, family history, and fertility treatments. Women over the age of 35 and those who have a family history of Monozygotic twins are more likely to have them. Fertility treatments, such as in vitro fertilization, also increase the chances of having Monozygotic twins.

5. Do Monozygotic twins have the same personalities?

While Monozygotic twins may share similar physical characteristics and genetic makeup, they can have different personalities. This is because personality traits are influenced by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Twins may also develop different interests and experiences, leading to variations in their personalities.

Back