Do I Need to Be Enrolled to Use MyMathLab?

• Thread starter rightbackatyou
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has spent time in the military and lost knowledge from high school. They have since relearned and want to take Calculus II in the fall without an accelerated summer course. They have been using MyMathLab for other courses and want to use it for Calculus, or find a similar interactive software. They mention the MIT free opencourseware as a potential resource.
rightbackatyou
OK, so I spent some time in the military and basically lost everything I'd learned in high school to the point where a few months ago even college algebra was difficult. Now that I've spent some time in school and on my own re-aquainting myself with things I'm ready to move onto Calculus. I want to be able to take Calculus II in the Fall but don't want to take an excellerated Calculus I course during the summer - just seems like summer courses are designed for students who need to pass a course to satisfy some requirement. Doesn't really seem to help much if you need that course to pursue upper level courses in that same department.

At any rate, I've been using MyMathLab with College Algebra and then Trig courses. I want to use MyMathLab to teach myself Calculus without having to pay for attending a course. Is there a way that MyMathLab can be used without enrolling in a course? Or is there a kind of online textbook that is similar to MyMathLab?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Or I guess just any interactive software where I can access lots of examples and do problems on my computer would be fine. Like, an interactive Schaum's I guess...

Related to Do I Need to Be Enrolled to Use MyMathLab?

1. Do I need to be enrolled in a specific course to use MyMathLab?

No, MyMathLab can be used by anyone who has a valid account and access code. However, you may need to be enrolled in a specific course to access certain features or assignments within the program.

2. Can I use MyMathLab if I am not a student?

Yes, MyMathLab can be used by anyone who has a valid account and access code. You do not need to be a student to use the program.

3. Can I access MyMathLab on any device?

Yes, MyMathLab can be accessed on any device with an internet connection, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.

4. Do I need to purchase a subscription to use MyMathLab?

Most likely, yes. MyMathLab is a paid program and typically requires a subscription or access code to use. However, some institutions may provide access to the program for their students.

5. Can I use MyMathLab without an internet connection?

No, MyMathLab is an online program and requires an internet connection to access and use. However, once you have accessed the program, you may be able to work offline on certain assignments or features.