Do the voltage drop and fluctuation occur?

Shervan360
Hello,

We have a mini split AC Inverter. We need electrical wire for the second mini split AC inverter.
Can we get a wire branch from the first AC terminal?
Do the voltage drop/sag and fluctuation occur?

Screenshot 2024-08-11 092130.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-11 093230.jpg

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Shervan360 said:
Can we get a wire branch from the first AC terminal?
Do the voltage drop and fluctuation occur?
If you need to ask that question, you should not be doing electrical work. The legality and the permit process will depend on your nation / location.

The existing circuit will be fused for one inverter. If you add a second inverter, it may require thicker wires and a different value fuse/breaker, or another cable run with another fuse/breaker. That is a job for an electrical contractor.

Likes Shervan360
Baluncore said:
If you need to ask that question, you should not be doing electrical work. The legality and the permit process will depend on your nation / location.

The existing circuit will be fused for one inverter. If you add a second inverter, it may require thicker wires and a different value fuse/breaker, or another cable run with another fuse/breaker. That is a job for an electrical contractor.

Sure, I don't want to do electrical work.
If the cable is thick enough and the fuse capacity is sufficient, is there any other problem?

When the second AC is turned on, does the voltage sag/drop and fluctuation occur in the first AC? Can it be harmful to the electrical board and compressor? (and vice versa)

When the second AC is turned off, does the voltage spike and fluctuation occur in the first AC? Can it be harmful to the electrical board and compressor? (and vice versa)

Last edited:
Shervan360 said:
If the cable is thick enough and the fuse capacity is sufficient, is there any other problem?
I always expect other problems, but you have provided insufficient details to enable me to anticipate what those problems might be.

We do not even know what national electrical wiring code you will follow.

Likes Shervan360
Baluncore said:
I always expect other problems, but you have provided insufficient details to enable me to anticipate what those problems might be.

We do not even know what national electrical wiring code you will follow.
I live in the Middle East and we don't have a national electrical wiring code or anything like that.
More than 75% of electrical contractors don't have any certificates or enough knowledge.

Shervan360 said:
When the second AC is turned on, does the voltage sag/drop and fluctuation occur in the first AC? Can it be harmful to the electrical board and compressor? (and vice versa)

When the second AC is turned off, does the voltage spike and fluctuation occur in the first AC? Can it be harmful to the electrical board and compressor? (and vice versa)
Those fears will be resolved when wires of sufficient gauge are used with the correctly rated fuse/breakers.

Earth leakage detection is sensitive to the ground connections and the protective earthing. Your new wiring must comply with the existing standard used for your property.