Do you have any recommendation of book involving mathematical physcis?

In summary, the speaker is interested in theoretical physics and specifically particle physics. They have struggled with a difficult mathematical book and are looking for a different book that combines the same material. They mention a new book called "A Course in Modern Mathematical Physics" that emphasizes different mathematical fields and ask if it is suitable for someone not familiar with theoretical physics. They also ask if knowledge of other mathematical fields is necessary to understand the structure of the universe and particles. The expert suggests the book "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences" for understanding these concepts and mentions the use of differential equations and tensors in research. They also mention the difficulty of triple integrals in mastering Mach's principle.
good_phy
Hi, I'm very interesting about Theoretical physics, In fact, I want to learn about Particle

physics for my desire to solve difficulty.

But, when I tried to study the famous mathematical book, by afken, I recognized it very hard

to study by myself.

So, I want to know other book which is well combination of afken. These book should be

used to refer some difficulty.

Moreover, I was shocked that there is new mathematical physics book which stress very

different field than other ordinary books.

"A Course in Modern Mathematical Physics: Groups, Hilbert Space and Differential Geometry"

Did you see that? I saw list of contents it have and it emphasiss other mathematic field, not

Calculus. Is it good for student who is not famillar with theoretical physics?

Is it necessary to know about other mathematic field when i attempt to understand what

kind of structure of universe, particle, origin of our world ?

Please answer my question.

Physics news on Phys.org
What mathematics do you know now? Do you know calculus? If you know calculus, I recommend "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences" by Mary L. Boas.

The diff eq approach is what you need if you are investigating materials and quantum behavior and doing research; if you just want insights and the way Planck's, Newton's and the max v of energy play a part, tensors is the option.

It's the easy algebra. I recall a mate doing a master's topic, Mach's principle with pages of triple integrals - not pretty.

Related to Do you have any recommendation of book involving mathematical physcis?

1. What is mathematical physics?

Mathematical physics is a field of study that combines mathematical concepts and techniques with principles and theories of physics to better understand physical phenomena.

2. What types of books are available in mathematical physics?

There are various types of books available in mathematical physics, including textbooks, research monographs, and popular science books. Some focus on specific topics, such as quantum mechanics or relativity, while others provide a broad overview of the field.

3. Can you recommend a beginner-friendly book on mathematical physics?

Yes, "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences" by Mary L. Boas is a highly recommended book for beginners in mathematical physics. It covers a wide range of topics and provides clear explanations and examples.

4. Are there any books that combine both theory and application in mathematical physics?

Yes, "Mathematical Physics: A Modern Introduction to Its Foundations" by Sadri Hassani is a comprehensive book that covers both theoretical concepts and practical applications in mathematical physics.

5. Is there a particular book that is widely used in academic courses on mathematical physics?

Yes, "Mathematical Methods for Physicists" by George B. Arfken and Hans J. Weber is a popular textbook used in many university courses on mathematical physics. It covers a wide range of topics and includes many exercises for practice.