Does any one know of any good ebook on optics?

• Thread starter pardesi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Optics
In summary, there are many recommended ebooks on optics, including "Optics: Principles and Applications" by Eric K. Hecht, "Introduction to Optics" by Frank L. Pedrotti and Leno M. Pedrotti, and "Fundamentals of Optics" by Francis A. Jenkins and Harvey E. White. There are also free ebooks available, such as "Optics for GeoScientists" by Dr. Stephen J. Martel and "Optics for Dummies" by Galen C. Duree Jr. Additionally, there are specific ebooks for beginners in optics, such as "Optics Demystified" by Stan Gibilisco and "Optics for Beginners" by D. Ter Haar.
pardesi
does anyone know of any good ebook on optics

Physics news on Phys.org
i was wondering if i could get an electronic version of e.hecht's optics

pardesi said:
i was wondering if i could get an electronic version of e.hecht's optics

If you could, it would be illegal, as this book is still in print.

oh sorry then :cry:

FAQ: Does any one know of any good ebook on optics?

1. What are some recommended ebooks on optics?

Some highly recommended ebooks on optics are "Optics: Principles and Applications" by Eric K. Hecht, "Introduction to Optics" by Frank L. Pedrotti and Leno M. Pedrotti, and "Fundamentals of Optics" by Francis A. Jenkins and Harvey E. White.

2. Are there any free ebooks on optics?

Yes, there are several free ebooks on optics available online. Some examples include "Optics for GeoScientists" by Dr. Stephen J. Martel and "Optics for Dummies" by Galen C. Duree Jr.

3. Are there any specific ebooks on optics for beginners?

Yes, there are many ebooks specifically designed for beginners in optics. Some popular options include "Optics Demystified" by Stan Gibilisco and "Optics for Beginners" by D. Ter Haar.

4. Can you recommend any ebooks on advanced topics in optics?

For more advanced readers, some recommended ebooks on advanced topics in optics are "Nonlinear Optics" by Robert W. Boyd, "Optical Coherence and Quantum Optics" by Leonard Mandel and Emil Wolf, and "Fundamentals of Nonlinear Optics" by Peter E. Powers.

5. Are there any ebooks on optics with practical applications?

Yes, there are numerous ebooks on optics that focus on practical applications, such as "Optical Design Fundamentals for Infrared Systems" by Max J. Riedl and "Optics in Instruments" by Jean Pierre Goure.