Does anyone have experience with simulink/simdriveline?

• Thread starter knight92
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experience
In summary: Overall, the key to successfully creating a longitudinal acceleration model is to have a thorough understanding of the model and the parameters involved. In summary, to create a longitudinal acceleration model in simdriveline, it is important to have a good understanding of the model and its parameters, and to consult documentation and tutorials if necessary to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
knight92
Hi, I am not an experienced MATLAB user and wish to create a longitudinal acceleration model of a vehicle from an already existing example model within simdriveline called 'sdl_manual_transmission'.

The problem I am facing is that changes to engine power output or clutch friction coefficient results in an error saying the maximum engine RPM has been exceeded making the model invalid. I have tried changing driver outputs but it doesn't work. Since I am new to matlab/simdriveline I am really confused as to where to look to work out a solution. Can anyone help guide me please? Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The best way to troubleshoot this issue is to first understand the model you are trying to modify. Specifically, you should understand what parameters are driving the maximum engine RPM and how those parameters are being used in the model. Once you have a better understanding of how the model works, you can start to make changes to the parameters and see how it affects the model's behavior. In some cases, you may need to make changes to the model itself to ensure it operates within the desired constraints you set.In addition, it may be helpful to consult the documentation for simdriveline and MATLAB to gain a better understanding of how the model works and what parameters can be changed. Additionally, there may be tutorials online that can help you work through the process of modifying an existing model.

Related to Does anyone have experience with simulink/simdriveline?

1. What is Simulink/SimDriveline?

Simulink/SimDriveline is a software tool used for modeling, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific fields, such as control systems, signal processing, and mechanical systems.

2. How do I get started with Simulink/SimDriveline?

To get started with Simulink/SimDriveline, you can download and install the software from the official MathWorks website. You can also access tutorials and documentation to help you learn the basics of using the software.

3. What types of systems can be modeled using Simulink/SimDriveline?

Simulink/SimDriveline can be used to model a wide range of dynamic systems, including mechanical systems, electrical systems, and control systems. It is also commonly used in multidomain systems, where multiple types of systems are interconnected.

4. Are there any limitations to using Simulink/SimDriveline?

While Simulink/SimDriveline is a powerful tool for modeling and simulating dynamic systems, it does have some limitations. For example, it may not be suitable for modeling extremely large or complex systems, and it may require significant computational resources for simulations.

5. How can I learn more about Simulink/SimDriveline?

There are various resources available for learning more about Simulink/SimDriveline, including tutorials, documentation, and online forums. You can also attend workshops or training sessions offered by MathWorks or other organizations to gain a deeper understanding of the software.