Doing a project, need some insight to some physics things

In summary, the conversation revolves around a passion project that requires knowledge of physics, specifically human bodies and their interaction with velocity, impact, decibels, energy, etc. The initial question is about how fast a human can run, with the clarification that it is without any external assistance. The conversation then delves into factors that can affect running speed, such as posture, pace, breathing, and surface friction. The topic then shifts to the plausibility of a bipedal running machine and how fast it could potentially go. It is mentioned that biochemistry plays a significant role in athletic abilities, not just physics. The conversation ends with a question about the theoretical maximum speed a human body could be pushed to, disregarding physical limitations and
Jiku Araiguma said:
Now, I need some thoughts on punch/impact physics. How many ways are there to produce 4000N of force with a single punch?

Peak force? Average force? Elite boxers can generate a maximum peak force of about 4000 to 5000 N, so that gives you an idea of what kind of level you need to be at.

Jiku Araiguma said:
How fast would a normal fist be going?

That depends on how heavy the person's fist is and how long it takes to decelerate it during impact, which depends on several other variables, so I don't really know. A fast boxer punch ranges somewhere around 20-30 mph, though.

Jiku Araiguma said:
How big/small would a fist have to be to cause damage at that force?

Just about any sized first can cause damage when you're exerting a force of 4,000 N on a portion of someone's face, head, and body.

Jiku Araiguma said:
How much damage would be caused?

That depends almost entirely upon where the blow struck. Without a glove, a punch like this can easily cause a concussion, break bones, and knock out teeth. Just look at the injuries punches cause in boxing or other martial arts.

<h2>1. What is the scientific method and how does it apply to a physics project?</h2><p>The scientific method is a systematic approach to conducting experiments and gathering data in order to answer a question or solve a problem. In a physics project, the scientific method can be applied by first identifying a problem or question, then forming a hypothesis, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions based on the results.</p><h2>2. How do I choose a topic for my physics project?</h2><p>Choosing a topic for a physics project can be challenging, but it is important to select something that interests you and is relevant to your level of understanding. You can also consider current events or real-world applications of physics to inspire your project idea.</p><h2>3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when conducting a physics project?</h2><p>Some common mistakes to avoid when conducting a physics project include not following the scientific method, not properly controlling variables, and not collecting enough data. It is important to carefully plan and execute your experiments to ensure accurate and reliable results.</p><h2>4. How can I incorporate math into my physics project?</h2><p>Math is an essential part of physics and can be incorporated into your project in various ways. You can use mathematical equations to analyze data, create graphs to visualize relationships, and even design experiments based on mathematical principles.</p><h2>5. Can I use everyday materials for my physics project or do I need specialized equipment?</h2><p>It depends on the specific project and its objectives. Some physics projects can be done using everyday materials, while others may require specialized equipment. It is important to carefully plan your project and determine what materials and equipment you will need in order to successfully conduct your experiments.</p>

Related to Doing a project, need some insight to some physics things

1. What is the scientific method and how does it apply to a physics project?

The scientific method is a systematic approach to conducting experiments and gathering data in order to answer a question or solve a problem. In a physics project, the scientific method can be applied by first identifying a problem or question, then forming a hypothesis, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions based on the results.

2. How do I choose a topic for my physics project?

Choosing a topic for a physics project can be challenging, but it is important to select something that interests you and is relevant to your level of understanding. You can also consider current events or real-world applications of physics to inspire your project idea.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when conducting a physics project?

Some common mistakes to avoid when conducting a physics project include not following the scientific method, not properly controlling variables, and not collecting enough data. It is important to carefully plan and execute your experiments to ensure accurate and reliable results.

4. How can I incorporate math into my physics project?

Math is an essential part of physics and can be incorporated into your project in various ways. You can use mathematical equations to analyze data, create graphs to visualize relationships, and even design experiments based on mathematical principles.

5. Can I use everyday materials for my physics project or do I need specialized equipment?

It depends on the specific project and its objectives. Some physics projects can be done using everyday materials, while others may require specialized equipment. It is important to carefully plan your project and determine what materials and equipment you will need in order to successfully conduct your experiments.