Don t know how to write formula

• Thread starter johnny_mc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, when writing equations in MATLAB, make sure to use open brackets instead of closed brackets, write arc sin as asin, and use * for multiplication. Also, refer to the MATLAB help section for further assistance.
johnny_mc
Hi, i have a problem with MATLAB, i just start to use it, and i desperately need help.
Can anyone help me, how can i wrote this formula :

r[1-cos[arc sin (sqrt(2.*R.*DR+DR.^2)+r sin(arc cos (r-k)/r) /r)]]-k

:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, you may refer to help in Matlab for writing equations. I can give few points
Matlab accepts only open brackets () and not closed brackets in equations.
write arc sin(x) as asin(x)

Always use * for multiplication of two variables and even with brackets
For example k(x+1)(x+2) as k*(x+1)*(x+2)

Hope this helps

hi, i wrote equations like this but it did not help, h = r.*(1-cos(asin((sqrt(2.*R.*DR+DR.^2))+r.*sin(acos(r-k)./r)./r)))-k

Related to Don t know how to write formula

1. What is a formula?

A formula is a mathematical expression that uses numbers, symbols, and operators to represent a relationship or calculation. It is used to solve problems and make predictions in various fields of science and mathematics.

2. How do I write a formula?

To write a formula, you need to have a clear understanding of the problem and the relationships between the variables involved. Start by identifying the variables and their corresponding values, then use mathematical symbols and operators to express the relationship between them.

3. What are the most common mathematical symbols used in formulas?

Some of the most common mathematical symbols used in formulas include addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), division (/), exponentiation (^), and parentheses (). These symbols are used to represent different mathematical operations and help in writing complex formulas.

4. Are there any rules for writing formulas?

Yes, there are some basic rules that you should follow when writing formulas. These include using the correct order of operations, using proper notation for variables and constants, and being consistent with the units of measurement. It is also important to use brackets and parentheses to indicate the hierarchy of operations in a formula.

5. How can I check if my formula is correct?

The best way to check if your formula is correct is to plug in some sample values for the variables and see if the result matches your expected outcome. You can also use online tools or consult with a colleague or teacher who is knowledgeable in the subject to review your formula and provide feedback.