Donate Warm Clothes to Help Those in Need this Winter

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation includes a plan to donate warm clothes to a homeless shelter in response to a cold weather forecast, along with a challenge for others to do the same. There is also a mention of a link to Amazon, and a discussion about donating to organizations and volunteering at local shelters and soup kitchens.
Tsu
Gold Member
It's going to be pretty darn cold in the Pacific Northwest this coming week, so today I went through my closet and drawers and collected several bags of warm clothes together and will take them to my nearest homeless shelter tomorrow. I challenge you to do the same. You can post it here or keep it to yourself. Your choice. :-)

Likes dlgoff, berkeman, Lisa! and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
There's also this:
https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/xde6cauvpfp66o2&tag=pfamazon01-20

Although the CEO of Goodwill makes over $600,000 a year, so be informed who you're donating to...

I stopped giving to organizations that turn around and sell the stuff I give. And I don't like my employer to push me to give to the United Way either. The do this every year and I hate it! :oldgrumpy: I give to my local homeless shelters and soup kitchen. I also give to FISH which uses volunteers to do their work. I have also done some volunteer work with them and with my local soup kitchen.

I donated some clothes in one of those places in the parking lot where you can put clothes in the box. Also will work at the soup kitchen this weekend

Likes Tsu

Related to Donate Warm Clothes to Help Those in Need this Winter

What is the purpose of donating warm clothes to those in need this winter?

The purpose of donating warm clothes to those in need this winter is to provide essential items to individuals and families who may not have the means to purchase them. This can help them stay warm and comfortable during the colder months.

What types of warm clothes should I donate?

Some examples of warm clothes that are commonly needed during the winter include jackets, coats, sweaters, hats, gloves, scarves, and boots. It is helpful to donate items that are gently used or new and in good condition.

Where can I donate warm clothes?

You can donate warm clothes to local charities, shelters, or organizations that specifically collect and distribute winter clothing. You can also contact schools, churches, or community centers to see if they have any donation drives or programs in place.

Can I donate other items besides warm clothes?

Yes, many organizations also accept donations of other winter items such as blankets, sleeping bags, and toiletries. It is best to check with the specific organization to see what items they are currently in need of.

What is the best way to donate warm clothes?

The best way to donate warm clothes is to contact the organization or charity beforehand to see what items they are currently accepting and their donation process. Some may have specific drop-off locations or donation days, while others may offer pick-up services for larger donations.