Dont Know if in right section. Maple question

In summary, the conversation discusses how to create a Maple function using arrow notation to find the largest modulus from a list of complex numbers. The speaker mentions receiving a hint to use the map function and expresses uncertainty about the parameters. They also mention understanding the concept of modulus but not with the arrow notation. The suggested solution is to use the command maxModulus := list -> max(map(abs,list)).
lackos

Homework Statement

answer this question you need to create a Maple function using Maple's arrow (->) notation.

Your function should take a Maple list of complex numbers as its argument and return the largest modulus from that list.

Enter your function in the box below.

N/A

Homework Equations

i got a hint from a friend to use the map function

The Attempt at a Solution

i haven't actually had a go at it because i dotn really understand the parameters. all i know is that you are using the funtion command(->), which isn't that much of a start as the question gives it.

Physics news on Phys.org
i understand the concept of modulus and have used it before in maple but not with the arrow notation. maxModulus := list -> max(map(abs,list));

FAQ: Dont Know if in right section. Maple question

1. What is Maple and what is it used for?

Maple is a computational software program used for mathematical and scientific calculations. It is commonly used in areas such as engineering, physics, and statistics.

2. How do I install Maple on my computer?

To install Maple, you will need to purchase a license from the official Maple website. Once you have purchased the license, you can download and install the software on your computer following the instructions provided.

3. Can I use Maple for symbolic calculations?

Yes, Maple is known for its powerful symbolic computation capabilities. It can perform algebraic manipulations, solve equations, and perform other symbolic calculations.

4. Is Maple user-friendly for beginners?

Maple has a user-friendly interface and provides helpful tutorials and documentation for new users. However, some prior knowledge of programming and mathematical concepts may be needed to fully utilize the software.

5. Can I use Maple for data analysis and visualization?

Yes, Maple has built-in tools for data analysis and visualization, making it a useful tool for scientific research and data-driven projects. It also has the ability to import and export data from various file formats.