Double Slit Experiment on Refracted light?

In summary, the question is whether anyone has done the double slit experiment on light after it has been refracted into its separate colors of the spectrum. The asker is curious if each individual color still behaves the same way as unrefracted light does in the experiment. They wonder if the component parts of light all exhibit the same behavior and if someone has lined up each color, one by one, to test it in the experiment. The answer is yes, the double slit experiment has been done with different colors of light, such as red, green, and blue lasers, and it still works as expected.
Technocreep
Has anyone done the double slit experiment on light after being refracted into its separate colors of the spectrum? (Hope I asked this right, because I'm curious if each individual color still behaves the same way as when unrefracted light is passed through the two slits) I guess what I'm wondering is if the component parts of light all exhibit the same behavior as light, in general, when doing the double slit experiment.. To get my answer, someone will have to have taken light, passed it through a prism, and then lined up each color, one by one, so that each color has a chance to be tested by the double slit experiment to see if it first acts as a particle, and then as a wave, as unrefracted light does. So, has anyone done this yet? I am very curious to know the answer to this.

Science news on Phys.org
Technocreep said:
Has anyone done the double slit experiment on light after being refracted into its separate colors of the spectrum? (Hope I asked this right, because I'm curious if each individual color still behaves the same way as when unrefracted light is passed through the two slits) I guess what I'm wondering is if the component parts of light all exhibit the same behavior as light, in general, when doing the double slit experiment.. To get my answer, someone will have to have taken light, passed it through a prism, and then lined up each color, one by one, so that each color has a chance to be tested by the double slit experiment to see if it first acts as a particle, and then as a wave, as unrefracted light does. So, has anyone done this yet? I am very curious to know the answer to this.

I don't understand what do find special about refraction.
Both refraction and interference can be understood by a wave model.

But to the other part of the question, sure, interference work with the components of the white light. Most of the times these day the double slit experiment is done with lasers that are quite monochromatic, that means they contain only one component (actually a very narrow band) of the white light spectrum.
I did it myself at various times, with red, green and blue lasers. It works.

Related to Double Slit Experiment on Refracted light?

What is the double slit experiment on refracted light?

The double slit experiment on refracted light is a famous experiment in quantum physics that demonstrates the wave-particle duality of light. It involves passing a beam of light through two closely spaced slits and observing the interference pattern that is produced on a screen behind the slits.

What is the purpose of the double slit experiment on refracted light?

The purpose of this experiment is to understand the nature of light and its behavior as both a wave and a particle. It also helps to demonstrate the concept of superposition, where two waves can interfere with each other to produce a new pattern.

What is the history of the double slit experiment on refracted light?

The double slit experiment was first conducted by Thomas Young in 1801, where he used light to demonstrate the interference pattern. Later on, in the early 20th century, this experiment was repeated with electrons, which also showed a similar interference pattern, further solidifying the concept of wave-particle duality.

What are some real-world applications of the double slit experiment on refracted light?

The double slit experiment has many practical applications, such as in diffraction gratings used in spectrometers, holography, and in the development of new technologies such as quantum computing and cryptography.

Are there any variations of the double slit experiment on refracted light?

Yes, there are various variations of this experiment, such as using different types of light sources like lasers or LEDs, changing the distance between the slits, or using different types of barriers. These variations can provide different insights into the behavior of light and its wave-particle duality.