Doubt about old electrolytic capacitors

jonas7878
I have stored here electronic devices with aluminum electrolytic capacitors used and manufactured in the early 90s. Here the temperature varies between 33-35C. These electronic devices need to be energized what time and frequency to prevent failures in these aluminum electrolytic capacitors caused by disuse?
3300uf-25v-electrolytic-capacitor-550x550.jpg

Solid-capacitor-560uf-4v-500x500.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
35 years old is pretty old for electrolytic caps. They are likely dried out pretty badly, and will be out of spec.

I like to think of electrolytic capacitors as a form of life, a bit like a Baker's Yeast. Ideally, electrolytic capacitors should be chemically "reformed" with periods of applied DC, of the voltage they will be required to operate. If you don't care for them, they will chemically dry out, and die.

The feeding schedule was not specified, but is met by the regular use of electronic products. Those products, with non-solid electrolytic capacitors, were designed to fail after three to ten years. Use it, or lose it.

Some capacitors from the era, 1999-2007, were manufactured with a congenital illness. Many of those found their way into the price discount market. Measure the ESR to identify health.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

• Informative
Likes phinds and berkeman
my devices with aluminum electrolytic capacitors work in 220v my temperature home is 33-35C my devices manufatured early 90s

What is the maximum time interval without energizing them but safe to prevent failure of the aluminum electrolytic capacitors?

jonas7878 said:
What is the maximum time interval without energizing them but safe to prevent failure of the aluminum electrolytic capacitors?
jonas7878 said:
... aluminum electrolytic capacitors ...
Solid or non-solid electrolyte ? You picture both types in post #1.

You must read the manufacturer's recommendations and data sheet for storage and ageing information.

My devices have both types

Thread closed for Moderation...

It turns out that this new user is a sockpuppet of a previously banned member, so this thread will remain closed.