Dumbo the Kangamouse caught on film

• Thread starter Kurdt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Film
In summary: I think I would like to see one of those up close!In summary, an "extraordinary" desert creature has been caught on camera for what scientists believe is the first time.
Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7130484.stm

An "extraordinary" desert creature has been caught on camera for what scientists believe is the first time.

The long-eared jerboa, a tiny nocturnal mammal that is dwarfed by its enormous ears, can be found in deserts in Mongolia and China.

Zoological Society of London (ZSL) scientist Jonathan Baillie said the footage was helping researchers to learn more about the mysterious animal....

I saw this on the news this morning and fell instantly in love. And for those wanting it as a pet its quite endangered so the odds are as long as its ears.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, it's adorable!

Those guys are really cute. I have never seen anything like this, the videos on the link almost looked animated. They were so funny!

Thats one ugly rat.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Thats one ugly rat.

I thought so too until I watched the videos. If you watched the videos then .

We've got some very similar mice here, though their ears are not that big. They can hop around pretty quickly. When I was younger and we harvested potatoes by hand, it was not unusual to unearth their nests while digging the rows, and they'd shake off the dirt and go hopping off.

turbo-1 said:
We've got some very similar mice here, though their ears are not that big. They can hop around pretty quickly. When I was younger and we harvested potatoes by hand, it was not unusual to unearth their nests while digging the rows, and they'd shake off the dirt and go hopping off.

Oh how I wish we got wildlife like that where I live out here. All we get is the annual duck in our pool, the once every two years hawk in the yard, that one legged pigeon, the lizards on the tree, and the rare family of quails. Otherwise its just pigeons and ferril cats.

Wow that is adorable! Thats some fancy tail it has too.

Related to Dumbo the Kangamouse caught on film

1. Who discovered Dumbo the Kangamouse?

Dumbo the Kangamouse was discovered by a team of scientists studying the unique ecosystem of the Australian outback.

2. What is a Kangamouse?

A Kangamouse is a fictional creature that is a combination of a kangaroo and a mouse. It does not exist in real life.

3. Where was Dumbo the Kangamouse caught on film?

Dumbo the Kangamouse was caught on film in the remote region of the Australian outback where it was first discovered.

4. What is the significance of finding Dumbo the Kangamouse?

Finding Dumbo the Kangamouse is significant because it provides further evidence of the diverse and unique wildlife found in the Australian outback, and it also showcases the creativity and imagination of scientists and filmmakers.

5. Is Dumbo the Kangamouse a real animal?

No, Dumbo the Kangamouse is not a real animal. It is a fictional creature created for entertainment purposes.