Educational science books for the daily commute?

In summary, the speaker is looking for an easy-to-read but educational book on science and math, and has a background in college engineering and self-study on related topics. They have enjoyed Brian Greene's works and are looking for something similar, but are also open to suggestions. They were pointed towards "The Ancestor's Tale" by Richard Dawkins, but are waiting for an updated version. They are asking for recommendations.
enanthate
I am posting this here instead of "Science and math textbooks" because I am looking for suggestions on an easy reading but educational book, not a workbook.

I am by no means an expert, but I have a solid backgound in math and physics from college (Engineering), as well as self-study with workbooks in the fields of special/general relativity, quantum mechanics etc on a hobby basis. I am looking for a book that can be read on my daily commute that does not require pencil and paper work.

I have finished most of Brian Greene's work (The elegant univers/The fabric of the cosmos/The hidden reality).

Now I'm not sure where to go, I mean Brian Greene set the standard high. He has an incredible ability to explain even the most complicated ideas, and he does it in a fun and interesting way. You never really fall out or "dull out".

I was pointed towards "The ancestors tale, Richard Dawkins", but I saw there is an updated version being released in a couple months so I want to wait for that!

Can anyone suggest some good, educational reads?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Drunkard's Walk by Leonard Mlodinow was pretty good.

FAQ: Educational science books for the daily commute?

1. What are educational science books for the daily commute?

Educational science books for the daily commute are books that cover a wide range of scientific topics and are specifically designed to be read during daily commutes, such as on public transportation or during a car ride. These books are typically written in an engaging and easy-to-understand style, making them perfect for learning on the go.

2. How are these books different from other educational science books?

Unlike traditional educational science books, books for the daily commute are specifically designed to be read in shorter chunks of time, such as during a daily commute. They are often more condensed and focus on key concepts and ideas, making them easier to digest and retain while on the go.

3. Who are these books intended for?

Educational science books for the daily commute are intended for anyone who is interested in learning about scientific topics, but may not have a lot of free time to dedicate to reading. They are especially useful for busy professionals, students, or anyone looking to expand their knowledge while on the go.

4. What types of topics are covered in these books?

These books cover a wide range of scientific topics, including biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, and more. They may also cover more specific topics within these fields, such as genetics, environmental science, or astrophysics.

5. Are these books suitable for beginners or only for those with a background in science?

These books are suitable for both beginners and those with a background in science. They are written in a way that is accessible to readers of all levels and often include helpful explanations and examples to aid in understanding complex concepts. However, even those with a background in science can benefit from these books as they may cover new or lesser-known topics.