EET looking for online ABET accredited BSEE school

• Thread starter Dustysnakes
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the individual is looking to further their career with a BSEE or MSEE, but is unable to stop working due to family and financial obligations. They are hoping to find a non-traditional way to obtain an engineering degree, preferably through an online program that is ABET recognized for PE status. Suggestions include researching state licensure requirements and accreditation for the desired degree.
Dustysnakes
Hi guys and gals,
This is my first post in this forum so I hope I am not stepping on any toes. I have an associates degree in electronics engineering technology. I would like to further my career by going for my BSEE or even possibly the MSEE. My problem however, is that I at 31 years old with a mortage and family, I can not simply stop working to go back to school. I was hoping that someone on the forum may have a nontraditional way of going about this (online ect). I do also want to make sure that it is an ABET recognized program so that I can achieve a PE status afterwards.
thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
for any advice.There are a few options available to you. Many universities have online programs that offer degrees in engineering, and some even offer the ability to specialize in specific areas of engineering. Additionally, there are a number of non-traditional methods for obtaining an engineering degree, including self-study or taking courses from a community college. You should research both your state's requirements for licensure and what accreditation is required for the degree you're seeking. This will help you ensure that you choose a program that is recognized by the state, and will give you the necessary credentials to become a Professional Engineer (PE). Good luck!

FAQ: EET looking for online ABET accredited BSEE school

1. What does EET stand for?

EET stands for Electronics Engineering Technology. It is a field of engineering that deals with the application of electronics principles to solve real-world problems.

2. What is ABET accreditation?

ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) is an organization that accredits post-secondary education programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology. It ensures that the program meets the standards set by the profession and prepares students for the workforce.

3. Why is it important to attend an online ABET accredited BSEE school?

Attending an online ABET accredited BSEE (Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering) school ensures that you are receiving a quality education that meets industry standards. This accreditation also increases the credibility and recognition of your degree, making it more valuable to potential employers.

4. What are the benefits of pursuing a BSEE degree online?

Pursuing a BSEE degree online allows for flexibility in scheduling and location. This means that you can continue to work or take care of other responsibilities while pursuing your degree. It also allows for a more personalized learning experience, as you can work at your own pace and have more one-on-one interactions with professors.

5. How can I find an online ABET accredited BSEE school?

You can find a list of ABET accredited BSEE programs on the organization's website. You can also research and compare different schools to find the one that best fits your needs and goals. Additionally, you can reach out to professionals in the field or alumni of the program for recommendations and insights.