Electromagnitic fields questions

• Thread starter ruwi2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fields
In summary, electromagnetic fields (EMFs) are invisible areas of energy produced by electrically charged objects that can be found naturally or artificially. While there is no scientific consensus on the potential health effects of EMF exposure, current evidence does not support adverse effects within recommended limits. Ways to reduce exposure include limiting device use and following safety precautions. Regulations and guidelines are in place in most countries to ensure safe levels of exposure. EMFs also have many beneficial uses in various industries when used responsibly.
ruwi2

Homework Statement

Question1-An alpha particle (two protons and two neutrons) traveling east at 2.0 x 105 cm/s enters a magnetic field of 2 mT pointing in the perpendicular direction. What is the force acting on the alpha particle? (2 Mark)

Question2-Two coils are connected in series and their inductance is 4.4 mH. When one coil is reversed, the total inductance is 1.6 mH. All the flux due to the first coil links the second coil but only 40% of the flux due to the second coil links the first coil. Find the self inductance of each of the coils and their mutual inductance. (2 Marks)

Question3-A ring made of a magnetic material has a total length of 150 cm and a cross sectional area of 10 cm2. The ring is wound by a wire of 960 turns. When the current is 2 A, the flux on the ring is 6 mWb. What is the relative permeability of the material at this flux density? (2 Marks)

Question 4-At a frequency of f = 1 MHz, verify that copper (σ=5.8×〖10〗^7 S/m,ϵ_r=1 ) is a good conductor, and quartz (σ=〖10〗^(-17) S⁄m,ϵ_r=4 ) is a good dielectric. (2 Marks)

Question 5-Determine the intrinsic impedance and depth of penetration of Copper (conductivity σ Cu = 5.80 × 107 S/m, μr = 1) at the following frequencies: (2 Marks)
100 Hz b. 5 MHz c. Compare on the results obtained at the two frequencies and write the conclusion

Question 6- For a medium in which ϵ_r=16,μ_r=4.5 and σ=0.6 S⁄m, calculate: (2 Marks)
the propagation constant at 400 MHz
the ratio of the velocity v to the free-space velocity c
[/b]

Physics news on Phys.org
pleasezzzzzzzzzzzz guyz help me i have to submit this assigment as soon as possible

I think there's some question as to what this is doing in PreCalc Math and (2) Applicable Equations and (3) Your Attempt at a Solution.

ruwi2 said:
pleasezzzzzzzzzzzz guyz help me i have to submit this assigment as soon as possible
You have pretty much guarenteed that no one will help you by
1) posting a large number of problems at once.
2) Not showing any attempt to do the problems yourself.
Did you read the "sticky" giving the rules for this forum?

I am closing this thread. If you want help, post no more than 2 questions per thread and, most importantly, show what you have done yourself.

Related to Electromagnitic fields questions

1. What are electromagnetic fields?

Electromagnetic fields (EMFs) are invisible areas of energy that are present in the environment. They are produced by electrically charged objects and can be found naturally or artificially. Examples of natural EMFs include sunlight and the Earth's magnetic field, while artificial sources include power lines, cell phones, and household appliances.

2. Are electromagnetic fields harmful to humans?

There is currently no scientific consensus on the potential health effects of exposure to EMFs. While some studies suggest a possible link between EMF exposure and certain health issues, such as cancer and neurological disorders, others have found no conclusive evidence. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that current evidence does not support the existence of any adverse health effects caused by EMF exposure within the recommended limits.

3. How can I reduce my exposure to electromagnetic fields?

There are several ways to reduce your exposure to EMFs, including limiting the use of electronic devices, keeping a safe distance from power lines and other sources of EMFs, and using shielding materials. It is also important to follow safety guidelines and precautions when using electronic devices, such as using a headset for cell phones and avoiding prolonged exposure to Wi-Fi signals.

4. Are there any regulations for electromagnetic fields exposure?

In most countries, there are regulations and safety guidelines in place to limit human exposure to EMFs. These guidelines are based on recommendations from international organizations such as the WHO and are regularly reviewed and updated as new research becomes available. It is important to follow these regulations and guidelines to ensure safe levels of EMF exposure.

5. Can electromagnetic fields be used for beneficial purposes?

Yes, electromagnetic fields have many beneficial uses in various industries. For example, they are used in medical imaging technologies such as MRI machines and in telecommunications for wireless communication. EMFs are also used in power generation and transportation systems. When used responsibly and within recommended limits, EMFs can have many positive applications.