Electronic Eng. Technology and EE

In summary, the speaker discusses their school's programs in Electronic Engineering Technology (EET) and Electrical Engineering (EE), noting that the EET program is ABET accredited while the EE program is not. They mention the option to complete the EET degree and then take additional credits for the EE degree. The speaker is concerned about the importance of ABET accreditation for the EE degree if they plan to take the PE exam in the future. They have heard conflicting opinions on the matter, but since the EET degree is ABET accredited, they assume it should be sufficient.
huskerwr38
So at my school they have Electronic Engineering Technology & Electrical Engineering. However, the EET program is ABET accredited but the EE is not. They have the option of completing the EET degree then taking an additional 36 credits for the EE degree. So I'd have an ABET accredited degree in EET, so would it even matter if my EE degree wasn't ABET accredited if I wanted to end up taking the PE exam some day?

I don't want to shoot myself in the foot with the EE degree not being ABET accredited. I have had people tell me DO NOT consider a school that doesn't have an ABET accredited EE program, but I figured since the EET degree is ABET accredited it should be okay.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIInfo_pg_myppi-faqs-examfaqs.html"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentals_of_Engineering_exam"

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Electronic Eng. Technology and EE

1. What is Electronic Engineering Technology?

Electronic Engineering Technology is a field of study that focuses on the application and implementation of electronic devices, systems, and technologies. It combines theoretical knowledge of electronics with hands-on skills to design, build, and troubleshoot electronic systems.

2. How is Electronic Engineering Technology different from Electrical Engineering?

While both fields deal with electronics, Electronic Engineering Technology is more focused on the practical application of electronic systems, whereas Electrical Engineering is more concerned with the theoretical and mathematical aspects of designing and developing electronic systems.

3. What are the career opportunities for graduates in Electronic Engineering Technology?

Graduates in Electronic Engineering Technology can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare, and defense. Some job titles may include electronics technician, field service engineer, quality control technician, and electronics sales representative.

4. How does Electronic Engineering Technology relate to other engineering fields?

Electronic Engineering Technology is closely related to other engineering fields, such as computer engineering, mechanical engineering, and mechatronics engineering. It often overlaps with these fields, as electronic systems are an integral part of many modern technologies.

5. What skills are necessary for success in Electronic Engineering Technology?

To succeed in Electronic Engineering Technology, one needs to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a solid understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer science. Good communication and teamwork skills are also essential for working on projects with others.