Electronics and Comn engg vs Electronics and electrical engg?

In summary: So, in summary, it ultimately depends on your personal preference and strengths in terms of math and lab work.
judas_priest
My major interest is in electronics. I have my college admission counselling in two days, and I'm stuck with this dilemma of which branch to choose. I also have Computer Science engineering as an option. These vacations I took up C++ and it's going well.

Question 1
Can I do my masters in electronics if I take Computer Science engineering?

Question 2:
What do I opt for? Electronics and communication engineering or Electronics and Electrical engineering? I also have Electronics and instrumentation engineering as an option.
(A solid reason to why the course you suggest would help a lot.)

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Answer 1:
Yes, as long as you have the prerequisites for electronics and your application clearly indicates why you want to study electronics.

Answer 2:
This is like an ANOVA: the between group variance exceeds the within group variance. All three courses sound very similar. You can get to any electronics grad program with any of them. It's hard to guess what makes them different, but if I had to guess I would think the Communications Engineering option would have a little more math, the Instrumentation Engineering would have a little more lab focus, and the Electrical Engineering option would be more balanced.

Related to Electronics and Comn engg vs Electronics and electrical engg?

1. What is the difference between Electronics and Computer Engineering and Electronics and Electrical Engineering?

Electronics and Computer Engineering (ECE) focuses on the design and development of computer systems, including hardware and software. This field combines principles of both electronics and computer science to create innovative and efficient computer systems. On the other hand, Electronics and Electrical Engineering (EEE) deals with the study and application of electrical systems, circuits, and devices. It also covers areas such as power generation, transmission, and distribution. In short, ECE is more computer-oriented, while EEE is more focused on electrical systems.

2. Can students with a degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering work in the field of Electronics and Electrical Engineering?

Yes, students with a degree in ECE can work in the field of EEE. The two fields have overlapping concepts and principles, and students can easily transition from one field to the other. However, additional training and knowledge may be required to specialize in certain areas of EEE.

3. Which field has better career prospects, Electronics and Computer Engineering or Electronics and Electrical Engineering?

Both ECE and EEE have good career prospects, as they are crucial fields in today's technology-driven world. However, ECE may have a slight edge, as it is a rapidly growing field with a high demand for professionals in industries such as telecommunications, software development, and computer engineering.

4. What are some common courses in Electronics and Computer Engineering and Electronics and Electrical Engineering?

Some common courses in ECE and EEE include circuit theory, digital electronics, microprocessors, electromagnetics, control systems, and signal processing. However, ECE may have additional courses in computer programming, computer architecture, and software engineering, while EEE may have courses in power systems, power electronics, and electrical machines.

5. Which field is more suitable for someone interested in both electronics and computers?

Both fields are suitable for individuals interested in electronics and computers. However, if someone is more inclined towards computer science and software development, ECE may be a better choice. On the other hand, if someone is more interested in electrical systems and power generation, EEE may be a better fit.