Electronics Help: Tips & Resources for Struggling Students

• Thread starter andryd9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electronics
In summary, the person is struggling with their electronics course and is looking for recommendations for other books or study methods. They are using the book "Microelectronics" by Neamen, which they find to be dense and tangential. They also mention their professor's conversational teaching style and lack of organization in the material. Another person offers to send them their course notes and suggests reviewing basic circuit theory. Someone else suggests trying to match theoretical values with practical values.
andryd9
Hello all,
I was dreadful at circuits and am now suffering in Electronics. It is almost as though I have trouble looking at them from the perspective of what I have to do when presented with a problem. I sort of freeze. It doesn't help that my professor is conversational in tone without a lot of organization of the material. My book is dense and also very tangential. Any recommendations for other books or study methods? Your insights would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
andryd9 said:
other books

Which book are you using now? (so people don't waste time recommending it)

Microelectronics by Neamen

I'm using the same book for my electronics course. I'm currently in the first "half" of the book.

Is it the electronics material that's giving you issues, or is it basic circuit theory that's giving you struggle? Basically, do you understand KVL and KCL, and how to apply them?

I can send you some of my course notes if that would help at all.

snowman_ said:
I'm using the same book for my electronics course. I'm currently in the first "half" of the book.

Is it the electronics material that's giving you issues, or is it basic circuit theory that's giving you struggle? Basically, do you understand KVL and KCL, and how to apply them?

I can send you some of my course notes if that would help at all.
Hi Snowman,
I think it is probably a bit of both. You have made me think. Perhaps I'll start reviewing basic circuit theory.

hello guys I my point view don't stop with theoretical try to match the theory value with practical value.

Related to Electronics Help: Tips & Resources for Struggling Students

What is "Electronics Help"?

"Electronics Help" is a comprehensive resource designed to assist students who are struggling with understanding electronics concepts and principles. It includes tips, tutorials, and other resources to help students improve their understanding and performance in electronics.

Why do students struggle with electronics?

Students may struggle with electronics for a variety of reasons, including the complexity of the subject matter, lack of prior knowledge or experience, and difficulty understanding abstract concepts. Additionally, electronics often requires strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, which can be challenging for some students.

What kind of tips can I find on "Electronics Help"?

On "Electronics Help," you can find a wide range of tips, including study techniques, time management strategies, and ways to improve your understanding of electronics concepts. There are also tips specific to different types of electronic devices and circuits, as well as troubleshooting advice for common issues.

Are there any resources for hands-on practice?

Yes, "Electronics Help" offers various resources for hands-on practice, such as interactive simulations, video tutorials, and practice problems with step-by-step solutions. These resources can help students apply their knowledge and improve their understanding of electronics concepts in a practical way.

Is "Electronics Help" suitable for all levels of students?

Yes, "Electronics Help" is designed to assist students at all levels, from beginners to advanced learners. The tips and resources can be tailored to meet the specific needs and level of understanding of each student, making it a valuable tool for anyone struggling with electronics.

Back