EM Experiment Video: Seeking Details of High-Energy Experiments

In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to find a video or TV program featuring a mouse or frog being levitated by high energy EM fields. They recall the experiment involving railguns and the unexpected death of the animal due to a reversal in polarity. They are hoping someone else can provide more information on the topic.
dwibbley
All:

This is a weird question. I'm trying to find a video or TV program, I'm hoping someone else saw this and can tell me what it was.

There was a mouse or frog in a box or cylinder. They were experimenting with EM fields, very high energy and they were shaping the fields. I think this had something to do with railguns.

The electrons in the frog/mouse aligned to one side, I think it might have started to levitate but I could be confusing that with a different thing I saw about levitating frogs. Anyway they reversed polarity of the fields and the frog/mouse exploded or otherwise died. It wasn't an expected outcome, but the video talked about it and I think they showed it, but really I can't remember.

I might be mixing up two different things, but I'm certain I saw something like this before.

Thanks!

dwibbley

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to EM Experiment Video: Seeking Details of High-Energy Experiments

What is the purpose of conducting high-energy experiments?

The purpose of conducting high-energy experiments is to understand the fundamental properties of matter and energy at the most extreme conditions. These experiments allow scientists to study the behavior of particles and forces at incredibly high energies, which can provide insights into the building blocks of the universe and help explain phenomena such as dark matter and the origins of the universe.

How are high-energy experiments conducted?

High-energy experiments are typically conducted using large, complex machines called particle accelerators. These accelerators use powerful magnets and electric fields to accelerate particles to extremely high energies before colliding them with other particles or targets. The resulting collisions create new particles and energy, which can then be studied by scientists.

What types of particles are studied in high-energy experiments?

High-energy experiments can study a wide range of particles, including electrons, protons, neutrons, and even smaller particles such as quarks and gluons. These particles are the building blocks of matter and the forces that govern their interactions, making them crucial to understanding the fundamental laws of the universe.

What safety precautions are taken during high-energy experiments?

High-energy experiments can be potentially dangerous due to the extreme energies involved. As such, strict safety protocols are followed during these experiments to protect both the researchers and the surrounding environment. This may include shielding, radiation monitoring, and emergency procedures in case of accidents.

What are some potential applications of high-energy experiments?

High-energy experiments have the potential to impact many areas of science and technology, including medicine, energy production, and materials science. For example, studying the properties of high-energy particles can lead to advancements in cancer treatment and the development of more efficient renewable energy sources. Additionally, understanding the fundamental laws of nature through high-energy experiments can lead to new breakthroughs in technology and engineering.

Back