Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

In summary, the conversation is about someone interested in attending Embry-Riddle for Aerospace engineering and is seeking more information about the school. They mention the high cost of tuition and the option of applying for a scholarship. Another person suggests considering other schools such as the University of Florida or the University of Central Florida, which offer similar engineering programs. They also mention the cost of attending Embry-Riddle and suggest considering Florida Institute of Technology as an alternative. The conversation ends with the original person discussing their plans to attend Embry-Riddle for their undergraduate degree and then pursue a master's degree at Penn State.
rocketboy
Hey there,

Has anybody here taken or is in the process of taking a course at Embry-Riddle? I'm entering my final year of high school and would like to go into Aerospace engineering, and I hear Embry-Riddle has a great Aerospace program. So if anybody here has more info on the school than CollegeBoard did, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,
-Jon

Physics news on Phys.org
Hope you bring a big bag of money. Are you going to the one in Daytona?

jaap de vries said:
Hope you bring a big bag of money. Are you going to the one in Daytona?

Well, first I have to apply, get accepted, and decide to go there but yes Daytona is where I'll be applying. Why will I need a big bag of money? Just high tuition or is living there really expensive? I'm going to apply for a scholarship because without one I won't be going.

Did you go to Embry-Riddle?

Yes, I went there a while. If you are a florida instate the UF is a good school and UCF is not that bad either (growing fast). They offer also mechanical engineering etc. So if you would ever change your mind...

Embry Riddle is about $35.000 or more depending on program. It is very expensive. Living expenses in Daytona are not that bad, especially compared against schools up north.

I was considering ER for undergrad. I wanted to get a B.Sc in aeronautical engineering and do some flight training with a flight option, then go to Penn State for my masters. However, to do the flight option, you need to major in Air Science.

You can always come to FIT. Good flight program and there is mechanical/aerospace enginnering too. I don't know what the costs are like when compared to ER but it should be around the same.

FAQ: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

1. What is the history of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University was founded in 1926 as the Embry-Riddle Company by Talton Higbee Embry and John Paul Riddle, two World War I veterans. It began as a flight school in Cincinnati, Ohio, and later moved to Miami, Florida. The university gained its current name in 1965 and has since expanded to multiple locations around the world.

2. What academic programs does Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offer?

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers a wide range of academic programs in the fields of aviation, engineering, business, and security and intelligence. Some of the most popular programs include Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Science, and Aviation Business Administration. The university also offers online degrees and graduate programs.

3. What is the student life like at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?

The student life at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is vibrant and diverse. The university has a strong focus on aviation, so many students are passionate about flying and have a strong sense of community. There are also over 150 student organizations, including academic clubs, honor societies, and sports teams, providing a well-rounded college experience.

4. What opportunities does Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offer for hands-on learning?

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers numerous opportunities for hands-on learning, which is a key aspect of the university's curriculum. Students have access to state-of-the-art flight simulators, labs, and research centers. The university also has partnerships with leading aerospace and aviation companies, providing students with internship and co-op opportunities.

5. What is the job placement rate for graduates of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?

The job placement rate for graduates of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is consistently high. In 2020, 94% of undergraduate students and 97% of graduate students were employed or pursuing further education within one year of graduation. The university's strong reputation and network within the aviation industry contribute to the high job placement rate.