Emergency HW Help: Algebra 2 Linear Programming - Maximize Profit

• Thread starter ineedhwhelp
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a problem in algebra 2 involving linear programming. The problem involves a company, Sports on Wheels, that produces skateboards and roller blades. The production process requires different amounts of time on three different machines and the company has limited hours of availability for each machine. The goal is to determine the optimal number of skateboards and roller blades to produce in order to maximize the company's profit. The conversation also briefly touches on the use of physics concepts in the problem and the expert provides a summary of the problem's key equations.
ineedhwhelp
algebra 2 linear programming: HEEEEELP PLZ!

i don't get it...i can't try because i don't understand. don't try to guide me through. i'll ask my teacher tomorrow. all i need right now, please, is jus for you to Give constraints and a system of inequalities for the following:

Sports on Wheels produces skateboards and roller blades. Producing a skateboard requires 4 hours on machine A and 2 hours on machine B. Producing a pair of roller blades requires 6 hours on machine A, 6 hours on machine B, and 1 hour on machine C. Machine A is available 120 hours per week, macine B is available 72 hours per week, and machine C is available 10 hours per week. If the company profits $33 on each skateboard and $22 on each pair of roller blades, how many of each should be produced to maximize the company's profit?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
hey! please help me!

[tex]S = 4 \gamma + 2 \epsilon[/tex]
[tex]R = 6 \gamma + 6 \epsilon + \kappa[/tex]

[tex]24*7 = 120\gamma + 72 \epsilon + 10 \kappa[/tex]

[tex]S_m = 33[/tex]
[tex]R_m = 22[/tex]

Hmm, I guess that is all you really asked for. Why is this physics though?

Last edited:
exactly, what's physics in it?

I tried to make it more physics like by using physics constants, and by leaving out a piece of information needed to piece it all together (a must have in almost all physics problems). Economics turned physics, yes!

mindscrape u helped me well but i can't read the 1st reply u put in this post. can u type it so i cud read it better please?

thank u.

Hey man, I'm sorry, but there are super strict rules against giving away answers, and you have made it clear that is the only thing you want. I gave the answer in a funky form. I'll give you a further hint that you want to use that Rm and Sm I gave as

[tex]M = S*S_m + R*R_m = S*33 + R*22[/tex]

The M is the maximizer, the money maker. If it makes you feel better, this is not an easy problem, and it made me think.

Related to Emergency HW Help: Algebra 2 Linear Programming - Maximize Profit

1. What is linear programming?

Linear programming is a mathematical technique used to optimize a linear objective function, subject to a set of linear constraints. It involves finding the maximum or minimum value of the objective function while satisfying all the constraints.

2. How is linear programming used in emergency homework help?

In the context of emergency homework help, linear programming can be used to solve problems involving maximizing or minimizing a certain value, such as profit or cost. For example, in the case of Algebra 2 Linear Programming - Maximize Profit, linear programming can be used to determine the optimal production levels for a company in order to maximize their profit.

3. What is the objective function in linear programming?

The objective function in linear programming is the mathematical expression that represents the quantity to be optimized, such as profit or cost. It is typically represented as a linear function of the decision variables.

4. What are constraints in linear programming?

Constraints in linear programming are restrictions or limitations that need to be satisfied in order to find the optimal solution. These can include resource limitations, production capacities, or other real-world constraints that must be considered in the decision-making process.

5. How do you solve a linear programming problem?

To solve a linear programming problem, you first need to identify the objective function and constraints. Then, you can use various techniques, such as the simplex method or graphical method, to find the optimal solution. This involves iteratively adjusting the decision variables until the objective function is optimized and all constraints are satisfied.