EN 13445-3, Annex T - Required burst pressure calculation

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses the design of a pressure vessel according to EN 13445-3 pressure vessel code and the necessary calculations for determining burst pressure. The speaker is seeking advice and guidance from colleagues who have experience with this code and its requirements. It is mentioned that these calculations are typically audited and approved by an outside body, such as a regulatory agency. The speaker is reminded to carefully follow the code's guidelines and consult with experts to ensure accurate and compliant calculations. Keeping detailed records is also recommended for the auditing process.
MartinD
Hello dear colleagues.

I am designing a pressure vessel according to EN 13445-3 pressure vessel code. As I have specified in the thread name I am interested in the required burst pressure calculation.

Before I start explaining my situation I would like to know if anybody has got any experience with this code and has already done these calculations. It would also help to know if your calculations were then audited and approved by an outside body.

To anyone sharing their experience I thank you in advance.

M.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Dear M,

As a fellow scientist and engineer, I have experience with EN 13445-3 pressure vessel code and have performed required burst pressure calculations in the past. These calculations are crucial in ensuring the safety and integrity of pressure vessels, and it is important to follow the code's guidelines carefully.

In my experience, these calculations have been audited and approved by an outside body, such as a regulatory agency or a third-party inspection company. This is a necessary step to ensure that the pressure vessel meets all safety standards and regulations.

I would recommend thoroughly reviewing the code and its requirements, as well as consulting with experts in the field, to ensure accurate and compliant calculations. Additionally, keeping detailed records of the calculations and any testing or verification methods used can be helpful in the auditing process.

I hope this helps and wish you success in your pressure vessel design.

Related to EN 13445-3, Annex T - Required burst pressure calculation

1. What is EN 13445-3?

EN 13445-3 is a European standard that specifies the design and calculation methods for unfired pressure vessels. Annex T of this standard covers the required burst pressure calculation for these vessels.

2. What is Annex T?

Annex T is a subsection of EN 13445-3 that specifically outlines the steps and equations required to calculate the burst pressure of unfired pressure vessels.

3. Why is the required burst pressure important?

The required burst pressure is important because it ensures that the pressure vessel can safely withstand the maximum internal pressure it may encounter during operation. This calculation is crucial for the design and construction of pressure vessels to prevent catastrophic failures.

4. What factors are considered in the required burst pressure calculation?

The required burst pressure calculation takes into account various factors such as the material properties of the vessel, its geometry, operating conditions, and safety margins. These factors are used to determine the maximum allowable pressure that the vessel can withstand without bursting.

5. Can the required burst pressure calculation be done manually?

Yes, the required burst pressure calculation can be done manually using the equations and guidelines provided in Annex T of EN 13445-3. However, it is recommended to use specialized software or consult a professional engineer for more complex vessel designs to ensure accuracy and safety.