Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's decision to study Electronics and Telecommunication, with the possibility of changing their discipline in the future. They also raised concerns about job opportunities in this field and in Computer Science and Engineering in the next four to six years. They asked for suggestions on alternative branches of study that may lead to better job prospects. Finally, they inquired about transferring from India to the USA. Despite not receiving any responses, they urged the group to answer as much as they knew.
snshusat161
Hi all!

Now from here, I'm going to do my engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication. But still I have the chance to change my discipline next year (as you all know). Do you think there is job opportunity in this field.

Do you think there will be job for Computer Science and Engineering students after four years, or 6 years. Since every thing we need is here in the present and nothing more to invent, discover or make as it seems.

Any better branch in your mind which I should consider changing to get better job after 4 or 6 years.

And One last question. How can I transfer myself to USA from India.

Physics news on Phys.org
didn't get any reply!

I don't think that I had asked any very difficult question which you all can't answer. please answer as much you know. No need to answer every question if you don't know.

FAQ: Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication

1. What is the difference between electronics and telecommunication engineering?

Electronics engineering focuses on the design and development of electronic devices, such as computers and mobile devices, while telecommunication engineering focuses on the design and development of communication systems, such as satellite and wireless networks.

2. What are some common job roles for electronics and telecommunication engineers?

Common job roles for electronics and telecommunication engineers include circuit design engineers, telecommunications network engineers, and systems engineers. They may also work in research and development, testing and quality control, or technical sales.

3. What skills are important for a career in electronics and telecommunication engineering?

Some important skills for a career in electronics and telecommunication engineering include strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a good understanding of mathematics and physics, and proficiency in programming and computer-aided design (CAD) software. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for working in a multidisciplinary field.

4. What are some emerging technologies in the field of electronics and telecommunication engineering?

Some emerging technologies in this field include 5G networks, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, and virtual and augmented reality. These technologies are expected to revolutionize how we communicate and interact with technology.

5. How can I prepare for a career in electronics and telecommunication engineering?

To prepare for a career in this field, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science, particularly in subjects like calculus, physics, and computer science. It is also beneficial to gain hands-on experience through internships or projects, and to stay updated on the latest technologies and trends in the industry.