Environmental Abatement measures

In summary, the conversation is about environmental abatement measures, specifically in regards to air quality. The speaker is looking for resources and information on both incorporating environmental systems into the design phase of projects, as well as retrofitting abatement measures. They mention that this topic can be overwhelming and provide a link to a book and the DOE's website as potential resources.
Scammaster
Hi,

I'm the newbie... so be gentle :biggrin:

I was wondering if there are any goog texts relating to good environmental abatement measures. I realize that good environmental practise is to engineer environmental systems into the design phase of projects. However often this is not often the case and abatement measures have to be retrofitted.

Any further information will be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Environmental abatement? Can you be a bit more specific? Air quality? Ground quality? Waste management?

My head hurts when I get to thinking about the environmental side of things in our business.

Sorry... although I was actually referring air quality in particular... General measures, both at the design and phase and retro measures would be appreciated...

http://books.mcgraw-hill.com/getbook.php?isbn=0070498415

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Environmental Abatement measures

What are environmental abatement measures?

Environmental abatement measures refer to actions taken to reduce, eliminate, or control environmental hazards such as pollution, contamination, and other harmful substances. These measures are put in place to protect human health and the environment.

What are some examples of environmental abatement measures?

Examples of environmental abatement measures include the remediation of contaminated sites, the installation of air or water treatment systems, and the implementation of pollution control technologies. Other measures may include waste management practices, energy efficiency initiatives, and conservation efforts.

Why are environmental abatement measures important?

Environmental abatement measures are important because they help to safeguard human health and the environment. They can prevent or mitigate the adverse effects of hazardous substances and activities, and promote sustainable practices that protect natural resources for future generations.

Who is responsible for implementing environmental abatement measures?

The responsibility for implementing environmental abatement measures falls on various parties, including government agencies, businesses, and individuals. Governments create and enforce regulations and policies to protect the environment, while businesses and individuals must comply with these regulations and take actions to reduce their environmental impact.

How effective are environmental abatement measures?

The effectiveness of environmental abatement measures depends on various factors, such as the type of hazard, the extent of the problem, and the implementation and maintenance of the measures. In general, well-designed and properly implemented measures can significantly reduce or eliminate environmental hazards and protect human health and the environment.