Environmental Engineering schools in PA

In summary, the person is looking for an engineering school in or near Allentown, PA that specializes in Environmental Engineering as a BS degree. They have tried searching on Google and Yahoo but have found schools with a variety of programs and are looking for a school that is not too difficult to get into. They mention that Penn State is a top school but they do not believe they can get in due to their GPA. They mention potentially attending Harvard or Princeton but are aware that their GPA may not be good enough for acceptance. The person thanks anyone for their help and suggests searching for "Environmental Engineering Pennsylvania". They also suggest considering a community college for two years before transferring to a larger school like PSU. They also mention that Lehigh University in Bethlehem
php111
Hello everyone,

I live in Allentown, PA. I am looking for colleges maybe in or near my area that is an engineering school that specailize for Environmental Engineering as a BS degree. Is there any schools like that in my area? I been trying to search by using Yahoo and Google search but I am getting schools that has everything like Arts, Drama and so on. I was looking for a school that is not hard to get into. I hear Penn State is near the top which is just about an IV League. There is no way I can get in. If I be accepted to PSU, I am not going, I rather go to Harvard or Princeton but I know I can't get in. They won't accept anyone that their GPA is not good. Thank you anyone.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Google "Environmental Engineering Pennsylvania". But be realistic; if your GPA is not so good, you're not going to get into a first tier school. Why not try a community college for two years, prove you can get As and Bs, save a ton of money, and then transfer to someplace like PSU?

Lehigh University in Bethlehem is an excellent college.

http://www3.lehigh.edu/engineering/cee/

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Environmental Engineering schools in PA

1. What is environmental engineering?

Environmental engineering is a field that combines principles from engineering, chemistry, biology, and ecology to address environmental issues such as pollution, waste management, and resource conservation.

2. What are some common courses offered in environmental engineering schools in PA?

Some common courses offered in environmental engineering schools in PA include environmental chemistry, water and wastewater treatment, air pollution control, solid waste management, and environmental regulations and policy.

3. Are there any specific skills or qualities that are important for success in the field of environmental engineering?

Yes, some important skills and qualities for success in environmental engineering include problem-solving abilities, critical thinking skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a passion for environmental sustainability.

4. Are there any notable environmental engineering schools in PA?

Yes, there are several notable environmental engineering schools in PA, including Pennsylvania State University, University of Pennsylvania, and Carnegie Mellon University. These schools have well-respected environmental engineering programs and offer a variety of resources and opportunities for students.

5. What career opportunities are available for graduates of environmental engineering schools in PA?

Graduates of environmental engineering schools in PA can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including consulting firms, government agencies, and environmental organizations. They may work on projects related to pollution control, water resource management, renewable energy, or sustainable development.