Estimating Car Velocity over 10 Seconds

In summary, "Estimating Car Velocity over 10 Seconds" is a scientific method that calculates the speed of a car over a period of 10 seconds by measuring the distance traveled and dividing it by the time taken. It is important for understanding a car's performance and safety, and the factors that affect car velocity include engine power, weight, aerodynamics, road and weather conditions. The accuracy of estimation depends on the tools and techniques used, and it can be used for all types of cars with varying levels of accuracy.
chukie
ProblemFor the information given below estimate the velocity of the car over the 10 second interval using 5 subintervals and midpoints.
Car velocity and time:
time (t) velocity
0 0
1 20
2 35
3 48
4 62
5 75
6 85
7 93
8 99
9 106
10 111

Physics news on Phys.org
i just don't know which times i should take the midpoints. I am debating between taking times at (1,3,5,7,9) and (2,3,6,8,10). can sumone help me?

I would take the midpoints at (1,3,5,7,9). Just because 10 isn't a midpoint. You don't know the value at 11.

It shouldn't really matter ... but midpoints are always the best.

For understanding plot these points and see what happens
if pick left points, middle points, or right points

alright thanks guys =)

Related to Estimating Car Velocity over 10 Seconds

What is "Estimating Car Velocity over 10 Seconds"?

"Estimating Car Velocity over 10 Seconds" is a scientific method used to calculate the speed of a car over a period of 10 seconds. This is done by measuring the distance traveled by the car and dividing it by the time taken to cover that distance.

Why is estimating car velocity important?

Estimating car velocity is important for understanding the performance and capabilities of a car. It can also be used to determine the safety of a car by comparing its speed to the speed limit on a given road.

What are the factors that affect car velocity?

The factors that affect car velocity include the engine power, vehicle weight, aerodynamics, road conditions, and weather conditions. These factors can either increase or decrease the speed of a car.

How accurate is estimating car velocity over 10 seconds?

The accuracy of estimating car velocity over 10 seconds depends on the precision of the measurement tools used and the skill of the person conducting the estimation. With proper equipment and techniques, the estimation can be fairly accurate.

Can estimating car velocity over 10 seconds be used for all types of cars?

Yes, estimating car velocity over 10 seconds can be used for all types of cars as long as the distance traveled and the time taken to cover that distance can be measured accurately. However, the accuracy of the estimation may vary depending on the specific characteristics of the car.

Back