Exercises with Solutions of Calculus 2

In summary, the conversation is about finding exercises with solutions for Calculus 2 online. The participants suggest various websites such as Ask Mr. Calculus and Paul's Online Notes. They also discuss the topics covered in Calculus 2 and suggest moving the topic to a chat forum. One participant also shares a link to a discussion about books for Calculus 2.
evinda
Gold Member
MHB
Hello everybody!Could you tell me where I can find exercises with solutions of Calculus 2 online?Thanks! :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Re: Calculus 2!

I am assuming you are from the US since you are talking about Calculus 2. Is that correct? For our international users, it might be better to explicitly list out the topics for which you are seeking help. Not everyone will be familiar with our system and further more, the curriculum for Calc II at various US colleges can vary tremendously. Let us have more details so we can help you more. :)

Re: Calculus 2

No,I am studying at a university in Europe...
The topics I am seeking for are the following:
>Vectors. Parametric equation of curve. Polar coordinates.
>Vector functions. Curves in space. Tangent line. Arc length.
>Functions of many variables. Graphs, surfaces. Contour lines and surfaces. Equation of plane.
>Limit and continuity for functions of many variables.
>Partial derivatives, differentiability, tangent plane.
>Gradient, chain rule derivation, Directional derivatives. Partial derivatives of higher order.
>Maxima and minima of functions of two or more variables. Minimize conditional.
>Implicit functions, theorem of implicit functions, theorem of reverse imaging.
>Double integrals, double integrals over general passages. Changing the order of integration. Theorem of Fubini.
>Change of variables for double integrals.
>Triple integrals.

evinda said:

Not trying to offend you, haha. The list of topics you wrote looks great and I think you it'll be much easier to try to show you material now that will be useful.

evinda said:
The topics I am seeking for are the following:
>Vectors. Parametric equation of curve. Polar coordinates.
>Vector functions. Curves in space. Tangent line. Arc length.
>Functions of many variables. Graphs, surfaces. Contour lines and surfaces. Equation of plane.
>Limit and continuity for functions of many variables.
>Partial derivatives, differentiability, tangent plane.
>Gradient, chain rule derivation, Directional derivatives. Partial derivatives of higher order.
>Maxima and minima of functions of two or more variables. Minimize conditional.
>Implicit functions, theorem of implicit functions, theorem of reverse imaging.
>Double integrals, double integrals over general passages. Changing the order of integration. Theorem of Fubini.
>Change of variables for double integrals.
>Triple integrals.
I still don't understand why I had like 50-70% of what you type in my calculus 1 but here is a good site who show some problem and how to solve it
Pauls Online Notes : Calculus II

Regards,
\(\displaystyle |\pi\rangle\)

I suggest moving the topic to the chat forum .

It sounds to me that some of the things that you described in your list may extend into calculus 3. I have not taken calculus 3 yet (Spring semester this coming school year ;) ) But another site I went to for calculus 2 practice was a place called Paul's Notes in the link below. He has plenty of examples for you to look at, and it appears he has most of your list on his site:

Pauls Online Notes : Calculus III (Look at sidebar on left side of page)

Hope you find this helpful!(Cool)EDIT: Wow, Petrus and I had the same brainwave!(Bigsmile)

Nice!Thank you very much! :p

ZaidAlyafey said:
I suggest moving the topic to the chat forum .

I have moved the topic as suggested, as this topic isn't dealing with a specific problem or concept, but is rather a more general discussion better suited for this sub-forum.

https://driven2services.com/staging/mh/index.php?threads/4275/ is about books rather than online materials, but it can be useful.

Related to Exercises with Solutions of Calculus 2

1. What is Calculus 2?

Calculus 2 is the second course in a standard calculus sequence. It builds upon the concepts learned in Calculus 1 and introduces new topics such as integration techniques, applications of integration, and sequences and series.

2. Why is it important to have exercises with solutions in Calculus 2?

Exercises with solutions allow students to practice and apply the concepts they have learned in Calculus 2. This helps them develop a deeper understanding of the material and improve their problem-solving skills.

3. How do exercises with solutions in Calculus 2 differ from those in Calculus 1?

The exercises in Calculus 2 are typically more complex and involve a combination of techniques learned in Calculus 1. Additionally, exercises in Calculus 2 often focus on applications of the concepts rather than just the mechanics of solving problems.

4. What are some common topics covered in exercises with solutions of Calculus 2?

Some common topics covered in exercises with solutions of Calculus 2 include integration by parts, trigonometric substitution, applications of integration such as finding areas and volumes, and convergence and divergence of sequences and series.

5. How can I use exercises with solutions to prepare for exams in Calculus 2?

Practicing exercises with solutions can help you identify areas where you may need additional review and improve your problem-solving skills. It is also a good idea to review the solutions and understand the thought process behind them to better prepare for exams.