Exploring 2D Physics and LQG with Loop Variables

In summary, the individual is seeking simple articles on 2D physics, specifically on Wilson loops, loop variables, and related topics. The goal is to gain a better understanding of LQG (Loop Quantum Gravity) using lower dimensions. They are open to examples in either 1+1 or 2+1 spacetime dimensions, as long as they are manageable. They also mention the possibility of using a toroidal space or 2D lattice for simplicity. They are interested in finding a toy-model to study rather than the full 4D spacetime. A recommended resource is Carlip's review on 2+1 gravity, particularly Section 3.4.2. They also mention Carlip's book on 2+
ontogen
I'm looking for some simple articles on 2D physics, Wilson loops, loop variables and similar. The purpose is to gain insights in LQG using lower dimensions.

Thanks for your help

Physics news on Phys.org
1+1 or 2+1. My focus is more on simplicity (i.e. manageable examples of loop technology) rather than a particular spacetime. If a toroidal space would make everything more simple then I'd be happy, if it's more a 2D lattice I'd consider that.
Maybe I could rephrase it as: is there a toy-model to play with rather than the full 4D spacetime?

The article is rather compact but the references therein are certainly useful. Thank you for your help!

FAQ: Exploring 2D Physics and LQG with Loop Variables

1. What is a 2D variable?

A 2D variable, also known as a two-dimensional variable, is a type of data structure that stores values in a grid or table format with rows and columns. This allows for the storage and manipulation of multiple values in a single variable.

2. How is a 2D variable declared?

To declare a 2D variable, you must specify the data type, name, and size of the variable. For example, in Java, you would declare a 2D array variable as follows: int[][] myArray = new int[3][4]. This creates a 2D array with 3 rows and 4 columns, with each element initialized to 0.

3. What is the purpose of loop variables?

Loop variables, also known as iteration variables, are used in programming loops to control the number of times the loop executes. They are typically initialized to a starting value and incremented or decremented within the loop until a condition is met. This allows for repetitive tasks to be performed efficiently.

4. How do you use loop variables in a for loop?

In a for loop, the loop variable is used to control the number of iterations. The syntax typically includes an initialization statement, a condition statement, and an increment statement. For example, in Java, a for loop that prints the numbers 1 to 10 would look like this: for (int i = 1; i <= 10; i++) { System.out.println(i); }

5. Can you use 2D variables in a loop?

Yes, 2D variables can be used in loops just like any other variable. You can loop through each element in a 2D array or use a 2D variable as a loop control variable. This allows for more complex tasks to be performed efficiently, such as processing data stored in a table format.