Exploring 5-Gluon Scattering: Beyond Feynman Graphs and Old-School Calculations

• Thread starter earth2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scattering
In summary, the conversation is about finding a list of all possible Feynman diagrams contributing to a 5-gluon-amplitude for a comparison of beyond-feynman-graphs-techniques and old-school calculations. The question initially asked if anyone knew where to find such a list, and the response suggested that there may be an infinite number of diagrams if loops are allowed. The question was clarified to only include tree-level diagrams, but no one was able to provide a source for the list. The conversation ended with the original poster finding a different solution and thanking those who tried to help.
earth2
Hey folks,

you don't happen to know where i can find a list of all possible Feynman diagrams contributing to a 5-gluon-amplitude?

I am currently working on a comparison of beyond-feynman-graphs-techniques (colour-ordering, BCF, CSW, MHV,...) and old-school calculations using Feynman rules. My specific example is for tree-level 5-gluon scattering but i can't find a list of of possible Feynman diagrams...

Do you have an idea?

Regards,
earth2

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm, I think you may need to be more specific. If you allow loops, then there are an infinite number of contributing diagrams. Perhaps your question is slightly different from this?

Hey,

i mean only tree-level diagrams i.e. no loops.

earth2 said:
Hey,

i mean only tree-level diagrams i.e. no loops.

in the QCD lagrangian u only have 3 and 4 gluon vertex

ansgar said:
in the QCD lagrangian u only have 3 and 4 gluon vertex

Yes, no one doubts that. But that does not mean that there aren't several ways to connect five gluons via propagators, does it? Never you mind, i solved the problem differently. Thanks.

Hi earth2,

Sorry, I spoke with some people but couldn't find a place where the diagrams were listed online. Did you find a good source? I think it's not too hard to just draw them all, but there are quite a few.

Related to Exploring 5-Gluon Scattering: Beyond Feynman Graphs and Old-School Calculations

1. What is 5-gluon scattering?

5-gluon scattering is a process in which five gluons (particles that carry the strong nuclear force) collide and interact with each other. This process is important in understanding the behavior and properties of the strong force.

2. How is 5-gluon scattering studied?

Scientists use particle accelerators, such as the Large Hadron Collider, to create high-energy collisions between protons. By analyzing the resulting data, they can study the interactions between particles, including 5-gluon scattering.

3. What is the significance of studying 5-gluon scattering?

Studying 5-gluon scattering allows scientists to gain a better understanding of the strong force and its role in the universe. It also provides insights into the structure of matter and helps test the predictions of the Standard Model of particle physics.

4. Are there any practical applications of 5-gluon scattering?

While there are currently no direct practical applications of 5-gluon scattering, the knowledge gained from studying it can lead to technological advancements in fields such as energy production and medical imaging.

5. What are some current research efforts focused on 5-gluon scattering?

Scientists are currently working on improving the accuracy of theoretical calculations and experimental measurements of 5-gluon scattering. They are also studying the role of 5-gluon scattering in the production of Higgs bosons, which could provide clues to understanding the origin of mass in the universe.

Back