Exploring Energy Changes in Mobile Phones and Television

In summary, when digital data is converted into electromagnetic radiation (EM radiation), a carrier is needed to carry the signal. This carrier is typically a radio frequency (RF) signal.
expscv
i was being ask to describe the energy changes involved in the use of mobile phones and a television

i m noot even sure i have fully understand the question,

energy change? say in mobile phone, all i can think of is signal wave turns to electric pulse which then changes into digital data... but it seem rather to staright forward so is there any other changes/?/

any energy invloves chemical or kinetic or potential ?

thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well for example in the case of a phone : let us say that A talkes to B over the phone.

When A talkes, his vocal cords make the air-molecules vibrate : that is how sound is generated. So the energy from the soundwave (which is a pressure wave) needs to be converted into an electrical signal. This is done by making a little plate vibrate (inside the phone), each vibration is converted into an electrical signal using for example a little wire that moves in a fixed magnetic field (due to Maxwell's laws they will generate a current in a wire that moves)... So now, the pressurewave (translational and vibrational energy) is converted into mechanical energy and then in electrical energy. Then you phone-operator will convert this electrical signal into EM-radiation (again a wave) that goes to the receiver of the phone of B. Then the reverse process starts : EM-wave to electrical signal to mechnical signal to pressure wave that will make B hear your message

marlon

umm interesting so for tv the digtal or anologo data from source (e.g tape, cd dvd ) is converted into eletric pulese , then our tv broadcast station converted electric plues into em-radiation then goes to reciever...and the goes

(skiped the Cathode Ray Tube part which produce the image for standard tv, i don't think i ve done cathode ray yet)

and i remmber in the process of broadcasting it requires a carrier, could anyone explain how exact this works? thx

Last edited:

Related to Exploring Energy Changes in Mobile Phones and Television

1. How do mobile phones and televisions use energy?

Mobile phones and televisions use energy in the form of electricity. This energy is used to power the internal components of the devices, such as the screen, sound system, and processing unit.

2. What are the sources of energy used in mobile phones and televisions?

The primary source of energy used in mobile phones and televisions is electricity, which is typically generated from power plants that burn fossil fuels or use renewable sources such as wind or solar energy.

3. Do mobile phones and televisions consume a lot of energy?

The amount of energy consumed by mobile phones and televisions varies depending on factors such as the type of device, usage patterns, and energy efficiency. Generally, newer models and energy-efficient devices consume less energy compared to older models.

4. Can energy be saved while using mobile phones and televisions?

Yes, energy can be saved while using mobile phones and televisions by implementing simple practices such as turning off the devices when not in use, adjusting the screen brightness and sound volume, and using energy-saving modes when available.

5. How can we reduce the environmental impact of using mobile phones and televisions?

To reduce the environmental impact of using mobile phones and televisions, we can opt for energy-efficient devices, recycle old devices properly, and use them for as long as possible before upgrading. We can also limit our usage and properly dispose of batteries and other electronic components to prevent pollution.