Exploring Physics as an Amateur Engineer: A Different Perspective

• Thread starter burgoo1
  • Start date
In summary, exploring physics from an amateur engineer's perspective offers a unique and valuable approach to understanding the principles and applications of this fundamental science. By combining hands-on experimentation with theoretical concepts, amateur engineers can gain a deeper understanding of the world around them and potentially contribute new ideas and innovations to the field of physics. This approach also allows for a more personal and practical understanding of physics, making it accessible and engaging for those outside of the traditional scientific community. Overall, exploring physics as an amateur engineer offers a fresh and dynamic perspective on this fascinating subject.
burgoo1
How did you find PF?
I found PF while wandering around the internet seeking answers to curiosities I come across.
I'm not a physicist or work in sciences professionally, but I have a degree in mechanical engineering (after a desperate struggle to understand the math!). I enjoy physics exploration in an amateur, spectator capacity, and while I probably won't be able to contribute much to the thornier or more technical questions, I might be able to bring a different perspective to some of the simpler queries.

Likes berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello @burgoo1 , :welcome: !

Your modesty does you credit, but PF has a secluded corner for engineers as well :smile:. And - to be honest - it's a mighty interesting and not so little corner !
Have fun here !